Current Demo Link

No problem, it's how I discovered the game, too. But bear in mind it looks much more advanced in its current build, the demo is not only way shorter and shy of the actual content but also pretty much outdated in various aspects. You'll have to handle air fights without autoresolve option, too. It is still a very good appetizer.

Uh, that demo is like two years old now. The current game is vastly, VASTLY different.

In fact I'd rather people on the forum just denied its existence rather than giving people the link :)

EDIT - in fact, I might remove that torrent from our website. Maybe we'll put together a new demo a month or two after release to replace it.

Uh, that demo is like two years old now. The current game is vastly, VASTLY different.

In fact I'd rather people on the forum just denied its existence rather than giving people the link :)

EDIT - in fact, I might remove that torrent from our website. Maybe we'll put together a new demo a month or two after release to replace it.

Why? It hooked me in the first place and it definitely wasn't something I'd feel the urge to deny existed, as outdated as it was there were even one or two things I liked about it more :)

Removing it before another up-to-date demo has been compiled would be a mistake.

There is no possibility of me not buying the game...I was full-blown addicted to X-Com UFO Defense back in the 90's...I fantasized for years for it to be remade for the modern PC, it was on my To-Do list if I ever won the lottery, I was going to hire a bunch of programmers to do it...I first heard about Xenonauts about 2 years ago, I've been waiting for it to progress a bit before I jumped in...I was recently explaining it to my girlfriend and she said, "Wow, you must really love that game"...I replied with, "Yes, yes I do"...I'm planning on buying a new desktop, and the biggest monitor that I can afford, when the game is released, if I would have known about the Kickstarter campaign I probably would have gone in for however much it took to get my name and face on one of the soldiers...I was living in London back when you guys were first getting started, if I would have known about it I would have shown up and offered myself up as slave labor for the cause...my brother-in-law is an IT Pro too, I would have blackmailed him into working for you guys for free...

I've gone through the demo a few times so far, how do I go about getting the updated version ?...I've never bought anything through that Steam site before, just create an account, pre-order the game and then download Stable 22 or something ?...

Download the Steam client, create a Steam account, and buy there. Then you can download either the stable build (a bit outdated) or choose the experimental build (extremely close to the final game that will be released).

Steam's a great piece of software, and I say that as someone who used to hate it.

Download the Steam client, create a Steam account, and buy there. Then you can download either the stable build (a bit outdated) or choose the experimental build (extremely close to the final game that will be released).

Steam's a great piece of software, and I say that as someone who used to hate it.

Heh, then I'd wait until the final game comes out very shortly. The demo is a bit primitive and I worry it may spoil the experience a bit for people who play it.

(Not everyone, but some people.)

Some people might buy the game after playing the demo, and think they got a different game!