[V22.9 - Ground Combat] Game crashes if a Predator soldier gets shot by Plasma cannon

I've already had two crashes on different occassions when a soldier wearing Predator armour got shot by an alien with Plasma Cannon.

Saved game: http://ge.tt/5B7Rqhh1/v/0

Steps to reproduce:

- end the turn

- Sgt. Renata Sokolova will get shot by a Wraith with a Plasma Cannon

- if she dies, the game crashes

NOTE: The game crashes for me if I load the save directly. It however works if save from http://ge.tt/6EDeuGh1/v/0 is loaded first and then this one is loaded immediately. I don't know if it's a game bug, the save is from a game that continues from 22.7 where I at one point modified the save file header to be able to continue on 22.8 (which otherwise has worked fine and even this load crash started somewhen later). Either way, I doubt it's directly relevant for this bugreport.

Additionally I have a weird freeze with Predator Armor equipped with Plasma Caster attempting to reaction fire when TUS have been exhausted - turns into an endless loop of empty magazine clicking. Happened multiple times on Operation Endgame but I didn't spend much time with that gear on different missions to see if it is a common issue. I'll also say I'm on v21 Stable so if that has been addressed in the experimental builds after please ignore.

Illunak - your saves are two builds out of date now. I'm not going to look into this issue unless someone else can confirm it in V22.9 because it sounds like a bug that existed in V22.8 but was fixed, and we may well be chasing ghosts if we do.

Kevin - that's a bug that's long since been fixed, I think.

"V22.9 Experimental Build 9 19/05/2014" - that's not two builds old, that's the latest on Steam. Only the game was started in a version that's two builds old, and whatever the loading crash is about, I doubt the only case where it causes trouble is consistently crashing in this case but otherwise being perfectly stable.

I said your saves were out of date, not your build. One of the key reasons why we break save games is to avoid any ambiguity as to what may be causing a bug and to avoid false positives as historically that sort of thing has caused problems.

If the bug is really in V22.9 then I'm sure other people will encounter it and confirm.

- start quickbattle with GC editor enabled

- select a soldier and give him a plasma explosive as a weapon

- give an alien a plasma cannon

- move them somewhere together a couple of tiles apart

- end turn so the alien shoots and kills the soldier

=> crash

I found a quite weird problem with this game. It looks like some corrupted Thumbs nails break the game to crash, specially in windows 8.

Try this solution.

Go to assets folder and look for a .BAT command called clean.bat or similar.

Run the command.

Restart the game and see if crash persist.