Changing firing modes on the fly

silencer

I have a question. Is it possible to change the behavior of firing modes.

Rifles can fire either single shot or burst shot. My idea is that when in Single Shot mode the Burst reservation should be removed, but when you select the burst mode a new model is shown for burst firing. Like short burst, long burst and fire all you've got - something similar what Silent Storm offers (short burst, long burst and use all of you're current TUs)

Naturally MGs can only fire in burst mode so only that option would be available just like it is but with more burst options.

I guess the problem would be with fire with all you got in order to simulate number of TUs to use per bullet.

I dont think it's possible for every gun, but it's not a bad idea at all for machinegun!

Maybe machinegun could fire in shorter or longer burst. Longer meaning a small economy in TU for more bullets, but, of course, you would only be spending bullets and TUs if you manage to kill the target in the first shot.

The game does not support multiple burst fire modes.

It also does not support firing multiple bullets in the single shot mode.

The whole system would need to be recoded to work in that way.

The system support multiple bullets in a single fire in some way, I use this for Dual weilding Warhawks

I would be interested to see how that works.

It did not work back when I tried and Chris has stated that it is not coded that way so if you have found a way around it feel free to share ;)

I just replicate the function of the shotgun as pellets, cuz if you'r using Dual Wielding pistols you will fire two bullets, so I set the ammo to shot 2 pellets per shot but thats apply to all shots. In terms of dual pistols it works, but for automatic weapon is better but a burst system like XNT mod, that is a remake of the original XCOM games.

Each burst shots 3 bullets (Depend on the weapon) and the round cost you 33%, so in a full automatic turn you can fire 3 rounds of burst simulating inaccurate automatic bullet. Additional you can put some recoil to the weapon, when only high strength can handle multiple round fire without loosing accuracy.

^^ Gauddlike you'r welcome to check new weapons stats in XNT topic, any contribution and comment will be welcome.

Yeah I have done the same thing with the machine gun before and it does sort of do part what the OP was talking about.

You can give it two different bursts in a way by having single shot with (for example) 5 pellets and setting the burst to 2 rounds, each with the same 5 pellets.

That makes it look almost like a 5 round burst and a 10 round burst on different fire modes.

It does have its down sides though.

It looks a little odd when your machine gun fires up to 10 rounds per turn but ammo counts go down by 1 or 2.

The shots look a little too close together as well due to the lack of delay between the pellets of a shot compared to the rounds of a burst, it looks like all of the bullets leave the barrel at the same time, as with the shotgun they duplicate.

I didn't personally like the effect but I guess it could achieve the goal so I will change my earlier comment to 'it is possible if you don't mind some visual discrepancies' ;)