Xenonauts 2: The Arrival

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

O.K., I'll get flack because I am sure that this topic already exists elsewhere....

What are Greyhawk's goals beyond Xenonauts?

• Focus on some expansion packs ("DLC", add-on, gold edition, etc., etc.)?
  • "Xenonauts 2"?
  • Something entirely else?

Just curious.

I think it's very dependent of the Xenonauts commercial success or failure. Maybe if the game achieve considerable success, they may consider some DLCs or expansion packs, maybe even a sequel.

Anyway, I would totally fund a KickStart for more content after the release. If I could I would make Goldhawk spend all their time in Xenonauts and not in other projects... hahaha!

I vote for a Cthulhu'ified X-COM clone.

Imagine one of your intrepid investigators has uncovered mythos cult activity somewhere deep in the bayou, and you've just landed your troops to stop the cult from finishing whatever ritual they're performing to crack open reality or whatever. You order your guys forward... When suddenly the slimy trees all around come alive. And you're up to your neck in the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, but you still have to get to the cultists before they finish their ritual and unleash something even worse on the world.

... I want that game so-so-so badly ♥

I vote for a Cthulhu'ified X-COM clone.

Imagine one of your intrepid investigators has uncovered mythos cult activity somewhere deep in the bayou, and you've just landed your troops to stop the cult from finishing whatever ritual they're performing to crack open reality or whatever. You order your guys forward... When suddenly the slimy trees all around come alive. And you're up to your neck in the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, but you still have to get to the cultists before they finish their ritual and unleash something even worse on the world.

... I want that game so-so-so badly ♥

Or anything with an early Stephen King inspired plot and setting. Love that small town theme.

I guess, biggest things, what will be almost surely, finish big things, which aren't prepared yet. (Like AI tweaks for higher ground using, some more bug fixes, minor balance tweaks and some unfinished content. (Still see that plane model, which isn't used. Could be nice have it.))

Second thing, definitely, will be adding some more modding tools and giving us as much modding opportunities, as possible (as it, sadly, isn't totally open-source, but GH are great guys, because of giving us already pretty 'lot of stuff to work with.). I already can bet, that any dlc or xenonauts 2 aren't needed, as if fans will be pretty inspired, they always can create neat mods.

Here comes the third nice thing, which could be not so necessary, but would be very cool - somehow implement steam workshop. Thought, it's pretty hardcore, but still... should be cool.

That said, after release, finishing and polishing surely won't be thrown away. Thought, more content will be created only by fans. And, actually, it's good. (As fans bring always more immersion to their favorite games ;) )