[V22.8] unable to switch Hunter back on .30cal machinegun

Switched Hunter vehicle to pulse laser.

Tried to return to machinegun:

- safety on close quarters, no AoE

- ability to suppress without killing (just shooting somewhere close to enemy) - very nice for capturing aliens alive

Can not. Machinegun is greyed.

If pulse laser is upgrade for both MG and Viper rockets - is there a fire mode switch (spread/area)?

If pulse laser is upgrade for Viper rockets only - is there an upgrade for MG?

If none - why could not I use good old MG?

Or it's just a bug?

I mentioned this in the release 7 thread a week or so ago. It started happening after they made the weapon upgrades for the vehicles not require producing the weapons first. I'd guess that the change they made did something to the upgrade weapons to make them always available, but didn't change the .30 cal machine gun. So once you take it off you count as having 0 in inventory and since you can't buy or build them you won't be able to put it back on.

I only recently used the Pulse Laser for the first time and I was really surprised that it was an AOE weapon. I'd assumed it was a single shot/burst fire weapon similar to the soldiers' rifles. The first time I fired it and it vaporized the target along with half the building it was standing next to had my jaw on the floor with me immediately ranting to myself about it being OP. I've never been a 'burn it all' type of player. Rockets flying everywhere may be effective and not have any real penalty through the game effects, but I've always thought that property damage and casualties caused by my soldiers' actions should cause steep penalties and have done what I could to avoid them. But that's a discussion best left for another thread.

I was really annoyed that I couldn't put the .30 cal back on after that mission was over, mainly because it meant I'd never be able to use my Hunter again without causing serious collateral damage...