V22 Experimental 4 Released!

*Crouching grenade throws work and work not. Most usually they do not work when unit is crouching behind cover.

*Had a strange issue where - while throwing emp grenades at androns and after crouching nade bug, shooting cursor disappeared and no unit from there on could not shoot. Not when pointing cursor at enemy, not when ctrl-clicking, not when clicking on weapon. Even not after enemy turn, so basically this battle was impossible to finish. Units COULD walk though.

*Crash when sebillian enemy walked into sleeping gas during enemy turn

*Multiple crashes when dropships arrives to base after mission

*If dropship arrives at crash site and you click "engage" while on base screen, whole battle has crazy flickering background of your base during engagement.

*You cannot commence other research projects when you have no free scientists in main base -- even though you might have free researchers in other bases. So you basically have to free up a scientist, "commence project" and then you can assign other scientist to it (in other bases). That said, I love how researches in other bases automatically assign to ongoing projects. Problem is just with starting a project -- i.e adding project to ongoing research list.

No, I don't have saves of this, since crashes are way too commonplace and I want to play the game, not extensively beta-test it. Sorry.

Edited by InCreator

*You cannot commence other research projects when you have no free scientists in main base -- even though you might have free researchers in other bases. So you basically have to free up a scientist,

Yes, you can - you must start the project in other base. Although it should be possible to start from any place, I think.

*Crouching grenade throws work and work not. Most usually they do not work when unit is crouching behind cover.

Known and has been reported.

So far the game is running quite fine on V4. Made a 'Normal' run up to MAG weaponry + Marauder aircraft. Now just waiting for what's happening next.

Finance feels fine, most countries are 'Maxed', except Australia, which is still on 'Poor relationship'. It's simply the last country I usually cover. It's enough to finance 3 bases with a full set of soldiers without having to fight each UFO in ground combat to get even more money.

It's ok for 'Normal' difficulty, IF you know what you have to do.

Combat is fine, especially in the later stages. Terror missions are quite hard sometimes with the 'Alien Plasma Cannon', but well, that's working as designed. Harridan Snipers can be quite some pain in the ass, which is very fine too. Had one of them kill two of my soldiers in one turn. In that case it seems like smoke is not that effective.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

* Enemy turns on massive ship take forever. Right now I'm at battle where hidden movement lasts 2 minutes and 13 seconds, making game downright infuriating.

Game seems to have the curse of Silent Storm 2 at the moment where enemy turns were far too long for any player to have patience to wait. Problem seems to be with Massive ship (carrier?) only, perhaps it's due glitchy enemy movement? Enemy just camps on upper floors and rushes 1st floor as soon as you go through 2 doors on second level. However, when you block these doors (stand next to them) enemy goes into do-nothing mode again.

Does Xenonauts have real-time alien movement? Both XCom and Jagged Alliance 2 used real time only if units were visible to player, otherwise did simply calculations.

* There's problem with shield not appearing on soldier in-game model unless you go to inventory screen and touch something

* Plasma pistol starts unloaded when used with shield

* MAG pistol doesn't show ammo in quick slot when used with shield

* MAG precision rifle (or was it magstorm?) doesn't show description in soldier screen

* No weapon shows description in soldier screen if there's 0 in stockpile. While it somewhat makes sense, I don't think it should work like that. It's not like knowledge of the specs of weapons disappears with the weapons for Xenonauts.

Also, there seems to be serious balance problem: I'm unable to capture an alien leader. Unless one spawns on massive ship (I don't know if it's possible and even if so, they'll most likely die in crash), there's no other way than just skip fighting for a month in hopes Aliens establish base somewhere. Right now I've shot down almost every craft appeared and whole earth - except oceans - are covered by radars. How to catch a leader if you play well?

Leaders should appear on large vessels since this is the second point in the game (aside game start) where enemy forces start actually dropping your ships like flies and I imagine this is where race for interrogation research vs. survival would make sense.

EDIT: Found one, but now game asks me to find praetor. No enemy ship seems to have one. I think that setpieces are a bit much for this type of game, do I have to grind endlessly massive ships now in hopes to find the dreaded praetor? With turn time bug?

Edited by InCreator

Just playing the game as is. I ran into a bug that caused it to freeze on a mission with a landing craft. I tried a few different times and it always froze. I can't progress in the game unless I take the landing craft, so I've been airstriking everything else. Well guess what, now I'm stuck on the landing craft again! Until I capture the landing craft and research the tech from it there's not much point in playing.

Update: After what was posted by you and other people about the landing ship freezes, I assaulted my first one with a good bit of trepidation. But I just now finished off my 8th landing ship mission, no problems at all. So, I guess I'm still idly wondering why some players are having major problems with this and I'm having none...has to be some kind of reason...?

Does Xenonauts have real-time alien movement? Both XCom and Jagged Alliance 2 used real time only if units were visible to player, otherwise did simply calculations.

No weapon shows description in soldier screen if there's 0 in stockpile. While it somewhat makes sense, I don't think it should work like that. It's not like knowledge of the specs of weapons disappears with the weapons for Xenonauts.

EDIT: Found one, but now game asks me to find praetor. No enemy ship seems to have one. I think that setpieces are a bit much for this type of game, do I have to grind endlessly massive ships now in hopes to find the dreaded praetor? With turn time bug?

No real-time movement

Couldn't agree more; disappearing weapon descriptions shouldn't happen

The praetors I've captured have been in the upper-floor control rooms of battleships. There was a bug (unless it's been corrected) where the praetor sprite wasn't appearing correctly; all you could see was sort of a round shadow on the floor where he/she/it was. So if a seemingly blank tile shoots at you, that's the praetor :P

Praetors may also be in large alien bases, I'm not sure as I've never had to go through one, but I think that's correct?

Praetors are in Battleships and Large base. As dpelectric said, on battleships they sometimes appear as a shadow on the ground.. though unlike him i thought they had stealth abilities from their psi powers lol :D

... funny to find out that's a bug.