[V22 Experimental 3 - Ground Combat] Suppression Not Preventing Reaction Fire

I've noticed on a couple of instances that aliens occasionally take reaction shots on the same turn that I suppress them. This is most noticeable when I attempt to breach a UFO with a machine gun, which sometimes gets my gunner shot just after he suppresses the UFO's crew. This only seems to happen immediately after the action that inflicts suppression - the suppression effect works as intended during subsequent actions and movements.

I've noticed on a couple of instances that aliens occasionally take reaction shots on the same turn that I suppress them. This is most noticeable when I attempt to breach a UFO with a machine gun, which sometimes gets my gunner shot just after he suppresses the UFO's crew. This only seems to happen immediately after the action that inflicts suppression - the suppression effect works as intended during subsequent actions and movements.
It would be really good if you had a save game of the turn right before it happened or a movie of the turn where it happens.

It would be really good if you had a save game of the turn right before it happened or a movie of the turn where it happens.

The game saved just after the bug occurred, frustratingly, but I can provide an annotated screenshot of the aftermath.

becf22a89522575f099278e1f96fb058.png

The order of events leading up to the screenshot, all of which happened in a single turn, is as follows:

- UFO door is opened by the leftmost crouched Xenonaut, revealing two Caesans (circled).

- Machine-gunner opens fire into the centre of the UFO, between the two Caesans.

- Both Caesans are marked as 'suppressed' by the game.

- The Caesan circled in green is indeed suppressed and behaves normaly.

- The Caesan circled in red takes a reaction shot as soon as the machine-gunner stops firing, killing him.

To be honest, I am using same tactics for entering UFOs and didn't have that problem. So as SterllarSaid - a save would be nice.

It's definitely a rare bug, since I've only experienced it twice since getting the game back in 2012, but as I said, the save just before the occurrence was unfortunately overwritten.

That must be really rare. I wonder if it has something to do with burst fire? Or maybe even only fire from weapons that can only burst fire i.e. LMGs? Have you had it happen when the aliens were suppressed by a different type of weapon (flash bang, shotgun...)? Is it always a machinegunner that gets whacked?

That must be really rare. I wonder if it has something to do with burst fire? Or maybe even only fire from weapons that can only burst fire i.e. LMGs? Have you had it happen when the aliens were suppressed by a different type of weapon (flash bang, shotgun...)? Is it always a machinegunner that gets whacked?

It might well be the reaction shot being triggered mid-burst, or something of the sort. Of course, the reaction shots are always used on whoever took the action that provoked them, so the machine-gunner tends to be the one drawing the short straw. I'll have someone else pick up the MG and do it a few more times, see if I can reproduce the effect.