New Recruits - shouldn't stats be random?

Hi all, i am wondering if the stats of the new recruits are randomized within a certain range? If it is, then i don't think the randomization is working very well...

I have 4 recruits with the same stats and another 4 with the another same set of stats. I couldn't upload the picture (error 2039).

Do you guys have the same issue?

It would be wonderfull if Chris and his guys could truely randomize the recruits.

Edit. Here is the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/72KeZQC

Edited by Mercent

truly luck of the draw there man, there random but in a range of 40 to 60, if i recall correctly. which is pretty small in the grand scope of statistics. now if you had every single one of your troops pop up with the same stats something might be broken.

That's really strange, but it's definitely a bug.

Are there any conditions that cause the soldier "cloning" more than others? I've not seen it myself but I imagine it's a game system going slightly wrong somehow rather than a fundamental RNG issue.

Hi Christ, thanks for dropping by. The duplication occured early in the game but currently in the mid game, much less duplication is observed. Also, i got that huge number of duplications when i hired about 4 guys in a row in order to test out if the rng is working since i noticed that there are quite a few duplicates. Also, i was selective in hiring, avoiding guys with low strength.

Hope this helps.