Events in-game to actually change the Geoscape world map land-mass

I was lurking through the Open X-COM forums and I came across this idea. The OP originally suggested having a randomized world map so your beginning strategy isn't always the same (such as planting yourself in the EU and wait for the money to roll in), so you'll always set-up base in different areas, keeps the game fresh.

Then they mentioned this suggestion that blew my mind: In-game events that actually change the globe. Wow.. Well Sadly they sad it wouldn't be possible to implement into Open X-COM, So what about doing it in Xenonauts?

This would be perfect DLC and easily people would buy it when you mention it as a new feature.

So what about it, Xenonauts?

Terrain changing is tough but maybe more nation diversity could be there. Initially, random 10 countries would be supporting Xenonauts, out of say 50 possible. You would then win others to support you or perhaps lose your current sponsors. This could add dynamism. I also think cities could also have more randomness of appearing maybe. With the current layout, a total of 3 bases can cover the entire world cities in Foxtrot range to prevent the first air terror spawning in a remote city, and thus I just follow the same base building order every time before that happens.

...a randomized world map so your beginning strategy isn't always the same (such as planting yourself in the EU and wait for the money to roll in), so you'll always set-up base in different areas, keeps the game fresh...

Funny I have thought of a very similar idea for a mod. But as I am not programmer, I can't put it into practice.

Anybody who wants, can feel free to do so.