collect resources from alien bases

I just cleared a small base and walked away with 20 alenium and 30 alloys. My entire game up till now (Early December) has only yielded 25 alenium and about 150 alloys. While the base could certainly use some more valuable loot, doubling my alenium reserves certainly seems to fall under the definition of "anything else."

• 1 month later...

Darth, did you ever sort out whether you could get alenium from alien bases? I'm playing v21 stable now, and I seem to have got no alenium from the last 3 bases. I do destroy some of the funiture, but not most of it. Maybe it's just chance?

Darth, did you ever sort out whether you could get alenium from alien bases? I'm playing v21 stable now, and I seem to have got no alenium from the last 3 bases. I do destroy some of the funiture, but not most of it. Maybe it's just chance?

Yep, just like Waladil above, I just beat my 1st alien base (what a friggin battle! I loved it!) on v21 stable and got 20 alenium and 30 alloys. My only guess is you're going in like Rambo and blowing too much stuff up ("some of the furniture")?