2 things I beg you to consider Chris

At least for adding in a future update or patch after release.

1) Damage falloff for weapons.

It should be a simple enough adition - distance to target is already taken into acout for accuracy formulas.

Basicly a weapon has an aditional entry in the weapons_gc called pctdamgefallof='-1' that tells the damage reduction per square (as percentage. In this case, 1% damage reduction per square)).

Default 0, but it can be made a positive value to make a wepon that become more damage at long range.

This would basicly jsut calculate the new damage value (rounded up) and hand that value over to the other calculations (armor penetration, etc...)

I'd really lik this, as it would give modders the abiltiy to give more varriance to weapon and create interesting tactical situations

2) Multiple AI Props profiles for allies.

Alines have miultiple types and profiles with different stats and equiapment.

Meanwhile, allied soldiers all use the same non-combatant profile as the civilians.

Just having 2-3 profiles for allied soldiers would help. Roookies, Veterans and the rare Elites (with % chance of appearing). Natually, they'd have better stats, with elites having better armor (like jackal or better...statisticly, not visually).

Would be even cooler if we could have a text/name displayed.

I would love to make a John Rambo or Chuck Norris characters with 1% chance of appearing, but having monstrous stats.

Weapons already lose damage when beyond useful range, although at a flat rate (which I don't know off the top of my head). Also, look at missiontypeprops.xml as it lets you set the type of AI units that appear throughout the game. It doesn't let you create stats for them, but you can add a new weapon for them with ridiculous stats if you want to make them super-powerful.

So it's a dropoff that starts ONLY after their stated range, and is fixed and the same for ALL weapons?

That doesn't make it possible to have varried weapons. The point at which the damage starts dropping off and the rate at which it drops off aren't changable.

Hm...I really can't alter action points or HP or bravery with a weapon...so just a different loadout is insufficient, sicne it still draws all stats (including armor) from a single source. In other words, I can't give a soldier armor without also armoring a civilian.

Edited by TrashMan