[v20e4 - Ground Combat] The return of the prescient alien!

I don't know whether this is related to the aliens shooting through UFO walls, but I was able to do something similar just now. My LMG guy fired through a concrete wall and killed an alien behind it.

RAVNevF.png

The damage the concrete wall's taken came from the aliens' turn: the lizard behind the wall tried to blast it down, but failed. The LMG guy's stated shot chance was 0% with a 100% chance to be blocked. I wouldn't have thought it would be much use, but if need be I can upload a save game from after the kill (I don't have one from right before taking the shot, sorry).

First time i made to build a Corsair, Plasma weaponry and get to encounter a Carrier (!!!) , i manage to get her down and when i get aboard ... well, shit gets absolutely bonkers, my Xenonauts enter the corridor that links the Hangar to the Generator (i guess thats a Generator) and start to receive fire from the third floor of the ship !!!!, no matter where i hide or get into cover, the Aliens wreak havoc among my Xenonauts which can barely get across the second floor of the ship whitout getting crippled by thounsands of rounds and psy powers, plese fix this because is really really REALLY frustrating.

Heh, I was trying to clear a landing ship ( medium UFO ) and I lost 4 soldiers to an alien shooting through the floor. I'm definitively going to wait for a patch before I play again.

I had some problem aswell at the beginning, but i managed to get past the officers by filling the room below the command deck with smokes, a lot of smokes.

Both the aliens shooting through UFOs and the aliens spawning in objects is being looked at. Has anyone seen aliens shooting through anything other than UFO hulls?

*raises hand* if you check the image I posted last, the alien shot me through a standard wall and filing cabinets from inside a different cabinet.

I should have a save file if it would help you?

EDIT: mediafire link

Edited by ein666
bug save

Got a save here with soldier 3 behind a wall and out of direct LOS from an alien that usually still shoots right through the wall when ending turn. It never actually even saw the soldier prior to that, having been turned away from the window that my soldier saw the alien through.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo8f0a9svsugsho/2013-11-18_22.43.57.sav' rel="external nofollow">

Dropbox link

Three more issues in the same file: Targeting reticules stopped appearing automatically: Was trying to shoot the alien hiding partially behind the pipes with soldier 3 to see if I had a shot through the window and I could swear I saw the reticule simply flash and vanish only to have it no longer work again without manually selecting the gun each time to shoot. Then again, that may be unrelated to how the soldier was still able to "see" the alien as if in plain sight without actually having a LOS anymore through the window when I was trying to target it. There's also a van on the west corner parking lot that is right on top of another car. Another alien spawned inside an industrial device and indeed, getting near UFO doors is suicidal.

Edited by Miyuki

I can't post a save (the only save I have for it is from mission start, the actual shooting-through-walls happened 3-4 turns in), but I can say that I've experienced soldiers being shot through multiple walls. It was 2 walls, one from inside a building, and one a non-roofed wall-sized barrier (not a chest-sized barrier). It was not from inside the UFO.

Two things were causing this - firstly there was an issue (probably long standing) where bullets were not properly blocked when flying between diagonal tiles. Secondly, and only recently added, the "close range" bonus was overriding the blocking chance from shots - so for example even if a wall reduced your chance to hit to 0%, the close range bonus then got added atop that and thus allow shooting through 100% block objects.

I just released a hotfix for both of these.