Fallen Soldier Memorial

Think it'd be cool to have a little menu or tab somewhere that you could go to in order to see all soldiers that have fallen in the line of duty. Their name, rank, medals, date of death, kills, etc. I'd like to shed a few tears over the number of rookies I send to their grisly doom :)

Think it'd be cool to have a little menu or tab somewhere that you could go to in order to see all soldiers that have fallen in the line of duty. Their name, rank, medals, date of death, kills, etc. I'd like to shed a few tears over the number of rookies I send to their grisly doom :)

I'd like this too. For some reason I'm one of those sorts that gets attached to his poor little fellows, I'd like to go visit their graves now and again.

I wanted to post this idea myself. I liked in xcom eu how the more deaths there were, the whiskey glasses started appearing and all. I'd like my vehicle and pilots to have names as well so they can also be remembered. I love the fact that your guys can get promoted posthumously. It seems like there should be a way to remember them. Especially when they're noteworthy enough that looking back at their name, you exclaim, "Oh, man! Barbara Sanchez! Man, this one time we were up to our eyeballs in x-rays and she comes rushing in, out of ammo and shot up like Keith Richards! She just starts lobbing grenades and grabs an alien's plasma rifle! Didn't even know how to use it, but she cleaned house!" Yeah, I love when your characters end up doing insane stuff worth remembering. But it's easy to forget when "out of sight, out of mind".

One other thing that could make this really nice is if we could add one more bit of info to the soldier profiles: Marital status.

Like right under the service record part that lists where the soldier originates from and their prior experience, if any (also, a question, when you get a soldier with prior war experience, do they have higher stats? Because they totally should).

Basically you have a few statuses:

- Single

- Married, X Children.

- Divorced, X Children.

- Estranged, X Children.

- Widowed, X Children.

It'd be especially neat if you could make it so that the longer a 'naut was in service, it put strain on their relationship, and they could go from "Married" to "Estranged" to "Divorced". Then you have it so that Divorced and Single soldiers can date, and get morale bonuses when they go on missions together.

But the point is, when a guy with six kids and a wife at home dies in service to the world to fight the aliens . . . the feels. Oh the feels!

I'm sure an number of orphans field will go down really well :)

I was happy with missions and kills. In a separate thread, I was really hoping to see a notes filed in the soldier screen, so you could personalise things there. That doesn't look likes it's coming. It would have good to use that for a eulogy field.