V19SC2 Aliens don't shoot at vehicles

Been noticing this for a while now, the aliens will run away from my hunter, and I don't think I've ever seen one actually shoot at it. Might just be early game though. Even in situations where it has them pinned somewhere they'll just sit and hide, won't take reaction shots or anything.

The aliens are TERRIFIED of our MIGHTY EARTH VEHICLES!

I have seen them shoot at Hunters. Realistically, unless they have very powerful weapons (bigger than plasma rifles) it's more sensible to run then fight a Hunter. Also, I think the presence of Xenonauts on the battlefield with the Hunter probably adds to their fear. They do know when they're outgunned. Once your team gets below a certain number they aliens become very aggressive.

I've reported this before (and apparently is a known issue, if I remember Matthew's response correctly). It's not consistent - I have had Hunters lying in ruins as proof! But also had instances of a Hunter acting as a spotter for 10 turns without drawing any attacks from aliens continually in sight.

I've reported this before (and apparently is a known issue, if I remember Matthew's response correctly). It's not consistent - I have had Hunters lying in ruins as proof! But also had instances of a Hunter acting as a spotter for 10 turns without drawing any attacks from aliens continually in sight.

Ah ok. As long as its a known thing :) I've actually used my hunter to just chase poor aliens around the map. Just... really torment and torture the poor little thing before I tire of it and put him out of his misery. Its fun for a bit, but really makes things easy when you have an essentially invincible unit sometimes.

The Hunter can see further than most aliens specially Sebillians it's possible to sit out in the open and spot without return fire as they can't see you.

They generally don't want to take on the vehicles too much at all and will run away from and into your other units if you herd them but in the SC2, I did loose 2 vehicles to aliens that decided to actually shoot at it. Granted... they were on terror missions and I drove the hunter right up in the face of about 9 aliens but it was worth the vehicle gunning one down and the aliens shooting two more of themselves in the process :)

The Hunter can see further than most aliens specially Sebillians it's possible to sit out in the open and spot without return fire as they can't see you.

It was Androns and I definitely wasn't too far away. When I realized what was happening, I even moved the Hunter up to see if they'd do anything.

EDIT: But it's a good point that's worth asking about! Ironically, I don't know whether I've ever noticed it with Sibellians. The only times I definitely remember it happening was with Androns.