Organization US troops are from

Noticed an error in the new "regiment" backgrounds in the new build. There's a duplicate name for the same organization; Special Forces and Green Berets.

"Special Forces" often gets used as a generalized term, but it refers to a specific unit in the United States Army whose personnel are colloquially referred to as Green Berets.

Simple fix, one could be changed to another.

Hell, show the Marine Corps some love in that extra spot. Force Recon was alive, well, and kicking ass in Vietnam.

Edit: Also, for "Delta Forces," it's "Delta Force" (no "s") or more properly "1st SFOD-D."

Edited by EchoFourDelta

Ehhhh, it's still there; the other things I mentioned are in there as well. This is the new build that came out a couple days ago we're talking about, right?

Also, the American "10th Special Forces Group" isn't a separate unit. It's a smaller element of the Special Forces, again.

"Special Forces" encompasses all of the smaller "n"th SFGs you see that referencing.

I'm actually not sure where it's coming from; I see them in the soldier window, and have screenshots, but there's no reference to the incorrect elements in the strings.

It's probably custom soldiers then. People who have paid money to have their soldier in the game and chosen their regiment accordingly. There's a 10% chance a generated soldier will actually be one of the several hundred custom soldiers instead.

Ah, right. Thanks for the reply. I've been digging all over to find the strings trying to find the offending ones; I found a few lower down in the list, referencing Marine Force Recon among them, along with a couple other outfits, but they seem to not be referenced back in the soldier name files.