Back to stable version and Sathra's mod

After playing for some 10 hours with 19.5 beta, I decided to go back to the stable version, since both the ground combat and the air combat have been changed too much in favor of the aliens, and the auto-air combat is useless because of too much damage taken. Sathra's mod looks good from the videos of Steelwarrior77: besides the weapons being improved (which I haven't seen much of having played only two missions against small scouts), the Foxtrot has 4 missiles instead of two, which should really help the air combat (I haven't got a Foxtrot yet).

Personally I prefer too easy to too difficult, but that is just me, but having 16 aliens attacking my base including 9 in cover in the same room as I reported in another 19.5 thread is a bit much, as is a single Condor not being able to down a single alien light scout.

The foxtrot having 4 hardpoints isn't due to the mod; it's due to the foxtrot being nerfed significantly in the experimental build. It was too good, and you could literally down most anything with a few of them. There was little need to upgrade aircraft, and upgrading is fun, so they nerfed them.

Also, what's wrong with a single Condor not being able to down a light scout? If you think about it, these are high tech UFOs we're dealing with. I don't think anyone (in "real life") in their right mind would send up a lone aircraft to take out a UFO; you've got to have a wingman, bro. ;)

Also, the aliens sitting around in the base attack missions is a bug; they aren't supposed to sit there like that. It'll be addressed eventually (as there are a lot of bugs to go through).

I don't disagree (realism(?) aside). But I would prefer auto-air-combat to not cripple my air force every time, and alien base attacks not to cripple my ground forces despite multiple saves, so I will wait for the next patch to go back to beta. I didn't know an earlier build had four hardpoints on the Foxtrot - I came in at Beta 19.4.

Considering the time I have put into the game so far, I figure I already got my money's worth (don't take this as a suggestion to stop improving the game). Personally I wold be satisfied with a remake of the original X-Com with modern graphics and an improved AI.

Air combat auto-resolve is definitely broken, yes. It's a first version for it, so hideous bugs are to be expected, though.

If you'd like there to be more missiles on the foxtrot, you can delve into the xml files and mod them to allow more than one missile per hardpoint. Just increase the ammo to 2 or something. Don't try to add more hardpoints, though, since the UI doesn't support that anymore and it will crash your game.