[v19.4 Geoscape & Aircombat] Auto engage into air combat mode and evasion loop

30c678j.jpg

Do you see UFO-14 from the picture above? He tries to hunt me doesn't matter the direction I take (N,S,W,E). When he intercepts me, we enter directly into air combat. If I choose to intercept him from the start the same happens - auto engage.

During the air combat mode, if I choose to evade, the game will loop until I run out of fuel and the aircraft is destroyed - this happens almost all the time.

If I engage another UFO, doesn't matter if I win or evade, UFO-14 will be waiting for me and the situation mentioned before will happen again.

Video: http://www.mediafire.com/?otloolhvxlsjdg1 (flickering - recorded with HyperCam2)

Save file: http://www.mediafire.com/?1p13vbmwe69m98a

Edited by Antr4cite

This seems to be working as intended. From my understanding on the game, the sole role of the interceptors flying around is to aggressively hunt down your aircrafts, and since they are faster than your - just evading fight will get you caught again and eventually destroyed.

This seems to be working as intended. From my understanding on the game, the sole role of the interceptors flying around is to aggressively hunt down your aircrafts, and since they are faster than your - just evading fight will get you caught again and eventually destroyed.

Ok, I understand. But I think their range of detection is OP. And to avoid this loop situation why not disable the evade option when intercepted by these UFOs?

You will not always be in the slower ship or you may have some support on the way so you want to prolong it.

As for detection range, it may be but the case, but also keep in mind that you do not see all ufos/bases on your map, only those that you've managed to detect.