Camera stupidity that need fixing

Whatever any xenonaut shoot, camera focus on xenonaut, then, track "projectile" and then, focus on xenonaut again, and will forget initial area.

This makes any ground mission much more slowly for me, in most cases i just wasting my time watching how sniper projectiles flying around then on actual gameplay.

Refocus and reaim 5 snipers just pain in ass with this camera system.

Also some pause on each unit turn - just stupid especially in cases when allien units just sit inside UFO and wait for xenonauts to come.

Any workaround\mod\patch to disable this?

That would also disable tracking of enemy projectiles, for example shots that may be aimed at your own soldiers?

Normally those shots interrupt the hidden movement section and the camera would track them to give an idea of where they were firing from and who was in danger of being shot.

So one toggle option for shot tracking in the players turn, another for the bleeding notifications.

Anything else that would be useful to you?

Incidentally have you tried adjusting the projectile speed upwards to see if that helps as a temporary workaround?

They are set individually but trying it with a single weapon (like those precision rifles) first would give an idea if it is worth doing with others.

It would speed up the tracking but not address the camera jumping to the wrong spot I think.

Turning off bullet tracking would mean that you'd have to manually track the bullet, which would be a pain in my opinion. I mean, you kind of have to watch where the bullet goes. Even if you're focused on the alien (which you would be if you had just pressed fire, you have to click on the enemy itself) and are able to see the bullet hit, what happens when the bullet doesn't hit, but misses? It could hit something before the alien, it could hit one of your guys, it could fly past the camera's pov and hit something behind the alien. It actually wastes time, turning off the bullet tracking, instead of saving it, because you then have to hunt around the bullet path to find where it hit.

Now, I agree, upping the bullet speed would be awesome. It would not only decrease "wasted" time, but it would also make it look much better.

Also, the erratic camera behavior, as far as jumping around oddly, should be smoothed out, yes.

However, I have a question about disabling the "back-to-shooter" function when you miss a shot:

What would it do instead? Where would the camera jump?

If the projectile hits something, it would stop there and stay there, but what if the shot goes off the edge of the map? Does the camera stop and stay at the edge of the map, then?

Maybe if the bullet hits something (anything, enemy, wall, prop, etc) the camera stays and doesn't jump at all, but if it goes off the edge of the map, or into the darkness (fog), it goes back to the shooter? Or should it just stay at the edge of the darkness/map?

because you then have to hunt around the bullet path to find where it hit.

there is no reason to do this, when you aim you already know where bullet can hit, if bullet hit other xenonaut you will notice it in UI, since HP will drop, it bullet hit random stone, you can do nothing about it anyway.

I repeat again, this shoud be option, if player want to track every bullet for some reasos, its player decision, he set this option ON and track everything.

Camera shoud stay whatever player focused, no movement completely.

Well, for me, at least, I'd like to see if the bullet impacted a ground tile and did nothing at all, or destroyed the cover my other soldier was hiding behind. It's a big difference.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion. That doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be implemented. Convince Chris to add the option, and we'll all be happy. :)