How far does the game currently go? (spoilers)

I've managed to bypass most of the crash to desktop errors and save game corruption issues, plus I modified the manufacturing table to reduce the time and cost to build interceptors (I was getting carriers by month 4!) and now I'm in March 1980, no research since December 1979 to do and gathering 300k-1000k from each downed ufo I assault. Apart from building a lot of bases and outfitting my soldiers with sentinel armor / mag rifles, am I waiting for something to happen? Is there an end coming soon? Have I missed an area of research somewhere.

Note - This is the steam build.

The Final mission isn't in yet...A couple of Versions ago I actually saw the button pop up before you actually had any tech even...

I think they took it out...And for the most part...You are playing right now just to see how much you can hold up...My goal is to reach an year all around

You don't need a valkyrie, but on the other hand you do. Umm, let me explain.

The shrike, the 2nd troop aircraft was causing map errors when you get to locations as the locations didn't have a place for the shrike to land so the map would crash to desktop upon loading. Quite frustrating. Since the valkyrie shoots drop-pods onto the battle field, the whole landing issue isn't a problem.