Game crashes at every end of ground combat

I'm getting something similar. When I kill the last alien and get to the report screen (aliens killed, resources recovered etc), I then click next which brings up the soldier report screen (level-ups etc), then click OK to go to geoscape and the game crashes to desktop. This occurs about 90% of the time and the only partial solution I've found is to reload the save, dont kill the alien on the same turn, wait a turn or 2, then kill the last alien and sometimes that will work.

If I just reload and kill the alien immediately, it will always crash to desktop.

EDIT: I should add, this is on the current experimental build.

Hi Hathur,

Mine does not even get to the report screen. It will just freeze when i shoot the last alien.

For me, only a reload will help. Also because of this, i can't play ironman mode... sigh.....

I am also having the same issue on experimental build.

Is this a bug?????

For me it is fine. Please attach a save file. You can find it in \Documents\xenonauts.

You have to upload it to a file sharing site, like dropbox and paste the link here.

-Edit:-

Please note that, we had a similar issue caused by rocket launcher and grenades. If you used any, please let me know.

The rocket launcher and grenade bug should be fixed in the next build.

I am having a similar issue. After Ground Combat on V18/Stable The loading times are so long that I think it is frozen. Last night I waited 7 mins before the results screen came up. These times are abnormally long. IS there any help with speeding up the load times? I have an I5-3570k @3.4ghz 16gb ram and a Geforce TI 560 1 gb ram.

i got V19 after 1-1½month game started to crash after every groundcombat. Even old saves on combats i already did win 1 time wierd...

Must see if i start new game if it still do same things..

Seems it got som thing to do with stunweapons as new game crashed just after using first stunweapon.

Edited by Appleseed

Anyone having the crash issue:

- are you using rockets \ grenades?

- is there fire \ smoke on the map?

For people with performance issues:

- are you using a laptop?

- we have a dev tool under development to sort out the performance issues. As soon as it is done, it should be in the public build.

I can confirm that I have the same issue as the OP.

Only during ground combat, when the last alien is killed the game freezes. I have full use of the mouse movement however i am not able to interact with the UI at all, and all keyboard commands are unresponsive. It has happened every combat so far in my playthrough and my current workaround is to save game before the final alien is killed and then reload game followed by reload save. When the final alien is then killed game continues as intended no problems.

V18 STABLE

I have used no grenades or rockets in the most recent battle

No fire or smoke on the map

I would submit a save but it wouldn't fail on you as loading a save currently is the fix.

I have the problem - after every combat, the game freezes at 0% CPU usage for a very long time. I think 10min last night, but usually more like 3 or so. It's yet to crash, though.

I believe reloading a save does work at this, but I'll check later. Also perhaps killing only 1 alien avoids it, but I'm not sure.

On a desktop, latest V18 on Steam.

Ghetto fix that seems to work for me (3 combats in a row, knock on wood) is to ctrl+alt+del to task manager, bring up the desktop, and just keep playing with the start bar (or what have you) as soon as you regain control of the desktop, xenonauts has finished its conniptions alot faster than if you had sat staring at it (no really, for a long time I was just force closing the game, rather frustrating)

On an alienware M17xr4 I73720qm 16 GB ram, ATI 7970m windows 7 x64