[v18 STABLE (STEAM 30/5/2013)] No Aliens in ground combat mission Vs. a Battleship

Hello there guys, today i got a strange but a good bug ( Finaly i took a battleship after some days ) and now i have found one grounded in searching of humans.

I have sended a Charlie to intercept him, and i said "Time to give to guys the best weapons because this is the most strong battleship with the best alien crew"

I have done the first turn, saved and ended the turn and......suddently no battleship in the map and no aliens!!!!

I have took the battleship and everything withtout shotting at any single alien!

I'm giving you guys the save of the first turn when you can move my soldiers and the autosave after the battle.

The save of the first turn is name A1.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8d90589f9df143ee&id=8D90589F9DF143EE!812&authkey=!ANnABg_MIRtcmSU

I Have had this problem, about 5-6 times. Always only one turn, and 0 aliens and small amount of cash (~10000). But, now (I do not know, why?) I can fight with battleship crew. I can or I can not, because, aliens located on 4 floor ( center room) are shoting thru ceiling to my soldiers when they are on 1st or 3rd floor ( there are hotspots, killing zones). This issue was in v16 or v17, but at that time alliens saw my soldiers, and my soldiers saw the aliens. Now only bad alliens can see with X-Rays my soldiers!:confused:

Another Battleship bug. Quite the opposite of "missing crew" really. As i understand from Xenopedia entry, battleship should have 14 or 16 crew onboard. The one i've assaulted had over 30 Androns (32 to 36, do not remember the exact number). Is this intentional? If yes, then i do not think that's a good design decision. The map is too small for this number of enemies and the tactical combat turns into "spray and pray".

Yeah, I'm getting the same bug as radiognome -- and this is unmodded, btw. I'm still in the middle of my battle, but I counted 24 different Andron corpses. (Possibly a few more if same-colored ones died on the same spot.)

And this was a "severe damage" crash, too!

Found the bit that's causing this:

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">10-12 Elite</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">10-12 Elite</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">2-2 Andron_Warrior_Defensive</Data></Cell>

</Row>

If I'm reading this right (and I may not be?) bombing runs and ground attack missions, which are the first two listed above, have 8-10 more troops than other missions.

EDIT: When I wrote that there was just one enemy left. Here's a screenshot of my battle-end screen:

cRgwqIE.png

35 total corpses. (On the bright side, I made bank! Nearly a million from that one mission.)

Edited by Waladil

Okay, another battleship, with these lizard people this time. Less than 20 enemies this time. The crash itself is in a much better condition (minor damage) - less missing internal walls and such. Perhaps, "severe crashes" get negative (or is it positive) crew change - instead of being decreased it gets increased?

Edited by radiognomeinvisible