Infinite 'Hidden Movement' temporary fix

Hi I just tried the loop fix with a build 18 hot fix 3 stable version of the game and it doesnt seem to be working for me. The repeated code is

AI/AIPreconditionEnemyVisible::Check() Found enemy

AI/AIBehaviourShoot::really shoot()

this repeats over and over but applying the fix doesnt seem to stop it

HI, i just uploaded my savegame but did'n get the link.

what to do?

I'm using xenonaut stable version 18.51 hotfix 3

no mods

The link to your uploaded savegame (if it's not on my mediafire drop)

I get an email when someone uploads a file so it's OK.

I'll have a look after work (in 8 hours...).

This is going to sound really silly, but I can't find my saved-files to upload....? I downloaded through steam and after a bit of searching around it seems Steam occasionally saves game-files to strange locations. Anyone know where the Xenonauts game is saved? I Found the game directory, but no files that look like they might be save-games.

This infinite movement loop really put a hamper on my Ironman game.... >_<

-- edit: Nevermind, the self-apply fix worked like a charm! Thanks to BeronBlackclaw! You are awesome!

Thanks for offering this BeornBlackclaw

I tried fixing it myself but didn't succeed. It wouldn't find the process unless the game was actually loaded and running in another window and then I got a list of errors that was so long and so rapidly expanding that even if I spammed the mouse for 10 minutes of getting messages of "success", it seemed I was going backwards. I tried a few times and it was the same each time.

I'm running the experimental version 4 with no mods and uploaded my savegame to your Mediafile box

No doubt that's the issue. I am running 19.4..and it 'sort of' works. Well no problem if you don't feel like endlessly updating your patcher for every revision. If we're fiddling with the experimental builds, that's the way it goes. Funny I've never seen this before in all the other versions I'd been running. Just lucky I guess.

Come to think of it maybe I did once or twice and had troops just do one or two things differently then had it run OK. In this case, I moved troops slightly differently but it made no difference.

debug.jpg

I've been having the endless hidden movement game where my base is being attacked. I've scoured every tile of the base looking for a remaining opponent but no luck. I applied the fix and the messages changed. It looks like there is still one out there, but I can't find him or draw fire from him.

I uploaded the changelog and savegame to the media fire server. Please take a look if you can.

I just tried to upload them here, but got an error message with my savegame so I'm not sure if it went through.

Thanks

debug.jpg

debug.jpg.9f4ba9a25ff22277abac7d653f75c1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2432[/ATTACH]I've been having the endless hidden movement game where my base is being attacked. I've scoured every tile of the base looking for a remaining opponent but no luck. I applied the fix and the messages changed. It looks like there is still one out there, but I can't find him or draw fire from him.

I uploaded the changelog and savegame to the media fire server. Please take a look if you can.

I just tried to upload them here, but got an error message with my savegame so I'm not sure if it went through.

Thanks

Which version of the game is the savegame from? Any mod?

I'm running V19 experimental build 5 with no mods.

I started the game over and just had another base fight that won't end. I'm seeing the same message in the log window.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2441[/ATTACH]

I had a look and the issue you're having has nothing to do with the bug the fix addresses (infinite loop during the alien turn).

• 2 weeks later...