Achievement Get!

They're not planned, no. I'm not sure they slot so well into something like Xenonauts because of the level of randomisation and emergent gameplay, rather than it being something with tightly-designed levels like Starcraft 2 (in which I think Achievements add a lot to the game).

They're not planned, no. I'm not sure they slot so well into something like Xenonauts because of the level of randomisation and emergent gameplay, rather than it being something with tightly-designed levels like Starcraft 2 (in which I think Achievements add a lot to the game).

Achievements can fit in to any game if done correctly.

I see a lot of potential for achievements, just like with the 2k XCOM game.

You are also missing out on a potential advertising trick by not having them.

Man up! - Take a stike team of all males

Charlies Angels - Take a strike team of all females

I have the power! - research laser weapons

Tough nut to crack - research/equip predator armor

Air War - Have 6? or more fighter aircraft

Old McDonald - complete a farm yard map (size variable maybe?)

In the dog house - lose a nation to the aliens

All hands on deck! - Repel a xcom base assault

And thats just off the top of my head. I could easily come up with more, if they were requested. :)

Yeah... the medals which each Xenonaut can get are in effect achievements. Is that not enoough?

Well.. I know this isn't what you meant but now that you mention it medals could actually serve double as achievements, such as "earn _____ medal". I personally wouldn't care if they aren't included though they would be somewhat fun if they were, it certainly doesn't have to be anything that goes too indepth, as this definitely isn't the game for those kind of achievements.