CTD trying to click on backpack during ground combat

I have been unable to play due to this crash to desktop everytime I click on the backpack

I am playing farmland and I was checking to see if my rocketman had a medkit but it CTDs everytime I click the backpack.

after reloading I tried again and it did no matter who's backpack I tried to click, it always CTDs

this is a new game of

V18.5 first mission.

Just installed 18.5. I was all excited to play a "Stable" version. I start a new game, first mission, shield bearer get one shotted... ooookay. Try to open inventory to recheck that there is indeed no tooltip saying how the shield work... CTD.

Well damn. Guess this isint the night i get through the first 2 in game month before getting one of the game breaking bug =/

Okay, now its just getting weird. If the trooper carries the shield in the backpack, it won't crash going into the inventory screen.

Equipping it when the mission starts, it won't show up in the command bar, and later attempts will spawn a pistol in the backpack (Switched it in and out of the hands, ended the turn, next turn switched in into hands again and pistol appeared in the backpack).

EDIT: Kept playing around with it over 4 turns or so and managed to delete both pistols AND the shield

Edited by Sathra