A confirmation dialogue for trying to do a mission with one or more unarmed troops.

I seem to forget to arm my troops a lot since I cycle them out usually because of injuries. At this moment I'm in a mission with my first encounter with Harridans and I've got one guy sitting in the dropship like a no friends loner because I forgot to arm him when I added him to the team. I've done it a few times and at the is point I can't reload a save where this ground mission is available waiting.

What might be a bit helpful would be a confirmation dialogue that would pop up when you attempt to go on a mission with one or more unarmed soldiers. Something like, "One or more of your troops are unequipped. Continue?"

Edited by Tiktaalik

On an unrelated note, is there an explanation for why you can't retain alien weapons after missions? Could someone link me?

It bugs me I can't give the spare recovered alien weapons back to my crew. I expect there's a reason why I can't but I haven't a clue what it is.

Edited by Tiktaalik

Pretty much it's explained that the xenos version of, say...the plasma rifle, isn't built for human use. It's too bulky, cumbersome, and heavy for an ordinary human but PERFECT for a Sebllian or Andron. I think that you could still use them if you pick them off the corpses of slain aliens, it just comes with multiple negative modifiers to accuracy in return for increased firepower.

That being said, they're just sold at the end of the mission as Xenonaut commanders think the loss of accuracy too big a trade off, so why not just sell the damned things to other nations. They're all built the same, so why do you need more than one? Just get more funds to construct human variants while allowing the other human nations to develop their own energy weapons (albeit at a slower pace...).