Yet another problem...

So continuing the cicle...I'm in the third month,didn't get enough UFO's early on to get a power source or alenium.From some wierd reason I got an extremely advanced terror mission...With androns,the sniper dudes and everything.From that mission I got all kind of advanced alien weapons:Cannons,Heavy Rifles,Sniper Plasma.I started researching those then later on I jumped directly to Plasma by doing that.One of the problems I have is that it's hard to keep air superiority with only 1 Mig with standard missle's and 3 F-17,still standard.

My question is...Is there anyway of pulling out of this?My soldiers are getting eaten up in all these terror mission's.

I guess all I can say is try to get alenium explosives asap and try to take advantage of the advanced weapons. I had one game that went somewhat similar, except in my case the terror mission vs androns was a 1-off and most of the other missions were more what you'd expect.

Terror missions seem too common to me.

The problem is I just don't seem to find any alenium on any ship I take down...I didn't get it from the light scouts and neither from the corvetter's I downed.Just gonna have to check tommorow with my soldier's on they're way to a landing ship...

Very unlucky. Though if you want to cheat you can reload a save before you reach the crashsite, and then just keep engaging it till its Minor damage instead of Severe.

It won't show up as a power source in the mission end screen until after you've captured one. Before then it'll just say "Alenium".

Might Do that...But does a landing ship yeild alenium and a power source?

Also...Are the new aircraft,vehicles in the game yet?Third question...How do I find the alien base...

I saw some discussion and in earlier versions...it seems like it just popped up...now?

Edited by MisterLock

I think Landing ships and higher only provide alenium after you have actually researched alenium. They don't have Power Sources since they use a different type of engine.

The later aircraft and vehicles, at least the aircraft are, not so sure if all the vehicles are in yet. They all need Alenium research though.

Not sure about bases. I think there's a small chance every so often for one to show up, or you can detect them with aircraft. I usually find them trying to attack alien ships on supply or base-building missions.

I think Scouts show up into the second month too, and there's always Corvettes.

Deep One is the name for the TFTD terrorist.

Yep, the stun rocket is in the most recent version of HF2 for v18.3. Should be in 18.4 too.

I think Landing ships and higher only provide alenium after you have actually researched alenium. They don't have Power Sources since they use a different type of engine.

Wow. That kinda needs to change, imo. At least as far as the research requirements are concerned.