[v18.3 Ground Combat] CTD in Terror Mission

Just had the same problem on my first ground combat, it hung and froze in the hidden movement screen, I had just did a three reaction fire and killed two aliens. It was in a newer desert map. Two aliens had just ran out of their small craft and my soldiers from behind a rock had fired on them as I had intended. I had to alt deleted to get out of the screen.

This too was a terror mission someone had downed the craft quite a distance from my base in the USSR, not me, I just responded by sending out the carrier.

It was a small craft and I had killed a total of about 4 aliens and so maybe that was the last of them, maybe it shouldn't have went into the hidden movement screen yet.

Edited by windex

Oh, and of course it wouldn't be Xenonauts without the proverbial corrupt save after the crash.

Yes I just tried it and of course as expected my save is corrupt.

This one is buggier than plain v18-took only one ground mission for the game to be lost and unplayable there after. Save for the hidden enemy shooting through walls and missing weapons and ammo v18 wasn't all that bad: I seemed to have run the longest game on that build.

Edited by windex

The game has a bit of trouble with loading the end game screen when killing the last alien with reaction fire. Its never corrupted the save for me yet, but has taken up to a minute to load the victory screen (its usually about 10 seconds).

A WIN pup-up windows sound is given when save is reloaded and following Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error message displayed:

"Runtime error!

Program....xenonauts.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team fro more information"

Edit: I have reloaded the map from an earlier save, and created two save points. Played a couple of turns, then tried to reload saves but the above error came for both.

Edit #2: If I select Save or Load option within mission and try to delete the two corrupt saves, the mission exits to Geoscape. If I do the same in Geoscape, the game crashes.

Edited by zolobolo

Also CTD twice in a row during a terror mission. Both times I was firing at an andron guard holding a plasma rifle from long range with a 3 click accuracy from a precision rifle. I was in the WSW and the andron was out of cover in the ENE