[V18-HF2 Ground Combat] Save coruption and few bugs

First issue is a corrupting of a saves. Mondus Operandi of that is: first is a crash. Next I am trying to reload game. But the result is a crash. Funny thing I am saving twice in two separate saves. Both corrupted.

2. Flares. After throwing a flare I need to move a soldier. Without that maneuver game is not updating my line of sight.

3. What the hell is with that UFOs? Aliens are running on the surface of UFO. When I am trying to enter to UFO the model is not disappear and I am not able to see what is inside.

4. Often when scout tank is destroyed game crashes.

5. When I am starting mission near my machine and when I have scrolled the map to corner. During that when I am moving my troop the texture of him is on the whole screen. Very big soldier. (btw. nice quality even on that rescale)

6. Mechanism of firing weapon on close/hand to hand combat. Ridiculous stuff like soldier shooting not ahead but to left or right.

7. When I am paralyzing some alien - he is "defrosting" after random amount of turns.

8. C4 is not able to break a wall.

Hope I am not Captain obvious.

Three saves :

(two corrupted, one is soon before crash)

2: You can also turn the soldier on the spot. Its been reported.

3: Hotfix 2 should fix this.

4: Fixed in the next update.

5: Fixed in the next update.

6: Reported.

7: I've never heard of this happening. They change back to normal colour after turning blue?

8: Reported.

7: That's scary, I thought that wasn't possible. Was it in between saves or something, like, stun the guy, save, load, he's not stunned anymore?

Yes. I had to keep eye of my hostage. Yes he is changing color to the original. But if I reload that turn he won't do that.

Shooting with serial fire is not too much accurate? Often single powered shoot is not even close but continuous fire is far more lethal. Especially when aliens are shooting across whole map...

I have a corrupt save from an auto save with the hotfix 2 patch. It was saving fine with v18 until I patched it, loaded and continued from the save I had from vanilla v18 played further and then exited only to find my save was corrupt when I tried to continue.

It was regular ground combat from a scout I had down-crash site.

Don't know if this would corrupt it. But I was stopping the game from the desktop in the tool bar-closing the program.

It kept my previous save of the ground combat in v18 by doing this.( I couldn't deal with the aliens shooting through the walls of the downed UFO, I was losing all my soldiers because they couldn't even see the aliens in or behind the ship that were shooting at them. )

So I patched it and next time I went to load my save from that patch it was corrupt.

I was getting close to discovering how to manufacture plasma weapons and this mission probably would have done it if I had gotten into the ship almost but the save got corrupt.

Another thing is shouldn't I be able so see inside the downed UFO when I send my soldiers in for combat?-I couldn't do this when I was playing with v18.

Edited by windex

The hotfixes break V18 saves. HF2 works with HF 1 saves, but not plain v18.

Can't remember but I think I had already installed HF1 and besides this contradicts what I said. My v18 save worked fine after I installed HF2. It loaded and played without crashing but when I exited and it auto-saved with HF2, save got corrupted.

Anyways, a lot of testers are claiming HF2 is creating these corrupt saves. There seems to be quite a few of these reports throughout the bug threads.