Suggestion: Fov light toggle on night missions

It seems that on night missions aliens benefit from light sources and flares as much, as our own soldiers, which is good feature.

Logically, it would be useful to know if someone is standing near thrown flare or some lamplight. But right now there is no way to distinguish natural light from fov light circle around your troops.

So suggestion - some sort of ui toggle button to temporarily disable light around soldiers.

Or as a variant toggle to not disable it completely but reduce its intensity or change its color to red or something else.

I'd really like that.

There's no headgear slot, so we can't have it be an equippable item. Perhaps we could add that as a research and immediate upgrade so that Wolf armor (it has a HUD) and on (provided they have HUD) has basic night vision, negating the need to use flares during night missions. Basic and Jackal armor would still have no bonuses, though.

So, just give the Wolf (and on) armor the same FOV as daylight conditions, or maybe one less (if it's too weird to have good vision or something). Not as bad as night FOV though.

I still prefer to have the night missions different from day missions.

They are meant to have reduced vision radius and have a different feel.

If you add equipment that counteracts this then they are no different to daytime missions.

The light from flares would be good to have in a different colour though so you can easily tell which areas are normally visible and which are lit up by the flare.

I still prefer to have the night missions different from day missions.

They are meant to have reduced vision radius and have a different feel.

If you add equipment that counteracts this then they are no different to daytime missions.

I agree.

Also, night-vision or uv/ir would hard to do properly, i think. Light sources should affect such vision modes differently - blinding/suppressing soldiers or reducing their view range for night-vision. For uv/ir light sources should be redone, because that is the point of those modes that they make us see in different spectrum.

This is whole new mechanic to develop.

The light from flares would be good to have in a different colour though so you can easily tell which areas are normally visible and which are lit up by the flare.

Yes, different flare light color is a good idea.

I came up with fov switch idea playing on some night terror mission, there was some props with environmental light, lamps or somesuch. So not only flares should have identifiable light, but props and fire, if it casts light (and it should; i do not remember if it does however).

Main problem is that nighttime fov looks like light and is very hard to distinguish from real ones.

For those who interested, there was old thread about night vision equipment (just 4 pages long), many good points there - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/31-Night-Vision-Equipment

My initial suggestion for a way to distinguish fov lighting from actual light, be it toggle, color tint or something else, still stands, however.