17.9 initial base design - too few places for labs / workshops?

Not sure if this is the right part of forum, so please move if needed

It's actually not a bug, just suggestion or opinion ...

Did you notice, that in the initial base you have only two places where to place laboratory and/or workshop?

If it was intended, ok. But I can't make more workshops or labs without destroying some (already built and paid :) ) facilities - looks like wasting time and money for me.

So maybe just a thing for polishing before beta comes up ...

Thanks developers for another build, it will be great game!

Edit: It is the same for living quarters, it is also size 1 x 2 tiles.

Edited by Zed78

I think the back story shows the decline of the Xenonauts following the Iceland Incident, down to a single base. This is presumably the starting base, and its remaining facilities are what you start with. It's a logical way of helping players with their first build, showing them the vital facilities, while still allowing them to build around it.

Not that I would complain in the slightest, if you could place the command centre of every base just where you like.

Then again, the single-base thing could just be a case of operational security, with the less people who know about it the better.

Especially like with events such as the Pentagon Papers leak during the Second Indochina War (Vietnam War) or that Operation Snow White thing the Scientologists pulled to pretty much steal thousands of State Department documents.

Then again, the single-base thing could just be a case of operational security, with the less people who know about it the better.

>BANG!<

sgt thothkins: what did you do that for?

Pancakes: He knew too much! He had to go!

sgt thothkins: That's the third postman this week Commissar. I'll just put the body in the radar room.

Pancakes: Um, actually, that's where I've been stashing the milkmen.