[3.6.0 - General] Armory unassigned soldier selection broken when accessing unassigned soldiers dialog via double-click on assigned soldier.

• Description:  Double-clicking an assigned soldier in the Armory displays Unassigned Soldiers dialog, but another soldier is not highlighted and cannot be selected.
  • What Happened:  My failing mouse button accidently double-clicked an assigned soldier while reviewing soldier loadouts.
  • Reproduction:
    1. Load attached save.
    2. Click on 'Armory'.
    3. Click soldier slot #6 and click 'Assign soldier' button.
    4. Click on a soldier (i.e., Forsberg).
    5. Click 'Assign selected soldier' button to close dialog.
    6. Double-click another soldier (i.e, Meyer). Unassigned soldiers dialog appears but no soldiers are highlighted or can be selected and the 'Assign selected soldier' button does nothing.

• 3.6.0Unassignedsoldiers.thumb.png.cf3a8d5a896099124e975c5f5a878267.png

quick-5.json

Edited by Melee

Some of the states of these soldier, would not ever get them into the the regular forces, never mind SPECIAL, so why is this game putting forward these physically challenged individuals.

Their stats should be comparable, to the soldiers that you already have, and not that they are likened to persons with motto neuron disease.

SO can we get stats more inline with special forces personal.

lol, some of the soldiers in the image were hired because they were the "best" of the recruits and better than some of the starting soldiers and had the most potential. They have enough HP to not get one-shotted with some luck.

Yes I know, and that should not be, the program can to set to a range of parameters, that would and should give better states than what you have received, as they should be around 65 to 75, as to be able to go through the physical demands, that entree into these Special  Forces demand. It is probably and over sight on their behalf, an can an should be rectified...!! 

Edited by Ruggerman

On 3/24/2024 at 4:01 AM, Melee said:
  • Description:  Double-clicking an assigned soldier in the Armory displays Unassigned Soldiers dialog, but another soldier is not highlighted and cannot be selected.
  • What Happened:  My failing mouse button accidently double-clicked an assigned soldier while reviewing soldier loadouts.
  • Reproduction:
    1. Load attached save.
    2. Click on 'Armory'.
    3. Click soldier slot #6 and click 'Assign soldier' button.
    4. Click on a soldier (i.e., Forsberg).
    5. Click 'Assign selected soldier' button to close dialog.
    6. Double-click another soldier (i.e, Meyer). Unassigned soldiers dialog appears but no soldiers are highlighted or can be selected and the 'Assign selected soldier' button does nothing.

• 3.6.0Unassignedsoldiers.thumb.png.cf3a8d5a896099124e975c5f5a878267.png

quick-5.json 273.01 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the bug report, yeah the bug does happen whenever you double-click on a soldier in the Armory, and then double-click on another one. We'll get it fixed.

10 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

Yes I know, and that should not be, the program can to set to a range of parameters, that would and should give better states than what you have received, as they should be around 65 to 75, as to be able to go through the physical demands, that entree into these Special  Forces demand. It is probably and over sight on their behalf, an can an should be rectified...!! 

As for starting soldiers getting lower stats then before (after the patch which lowered the max starting stats for soldiers), I suggest making a feedback thread on Xenonauts-2 General Discussion - Goldhawk Interactive so Chris can see it