Can you please add an option to increase the font size ?

I guess most people here fall in love with the UFO game, back in... Well, it was a long time ago :)

So, let's face it, we are far from young ! And yes, our eyes are not good as they were.

Wear glasses is not always possible depending how far your are from the screen and so on.

So yes, I think it's REALLY important to be able to increase the font size for all text on screen.

As it is now (Milestone 3), It's really too small for my taste and make the game hard to play :(

French translation is also a bit strange, and some texte are missing (replaced by error messages like "missing thing xxx"),

But as a whole, It seem it will be a great game at the end... I'm happy to have fund it. But please, just increase the font size :)

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 11:34 PM, Hoper said:

I guess most people here fall in love with the UFO game, back in... Well, it was a long time ago :)

So, let's face it, we are far from young ! And yes, our eyes are not good as they were.

Wear glasses is not always possible depending how far your are from the screen and so on.

So yes, I think it's REALLY important to be able to increase the font size for all text on screen.

As it is now (Milestone 3), It's really too small for my taste and make the game hard to play :(

French translation is also a bit strange, and some texte are missing (replaced by error messages like "missing thing xxx"),

But as a whole, It seem it will be a great game at the end... I'm happy to have fund it. But please, just increase the font size :)

Thanks for the message. So it's not easy to let players scale up the text universally because there's just not that much space on some of the screens. In some places we can do it easily (e.g. the Xenopedia), in other places not.

Could you tell me which areas of the game have the biggest problems? Maybe we'll be able to make the text bigger where in the places it is a problem.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2024 at 4:40 PM, Chris said:

Thanks for the message. So it's not easy to let players scale up the text universally because there's just not that much space on some of the screens. In some places we can do it easily (e.g. the Xenopedia), in other places not.

Could you tell me which areas of the game have the biggest problems? Maybe we'll be able to make the text bigger where in the places it is a problem.

I do not think a seamlessly universally scalable UI is needed if it is not implemented from the beginning (it is work and sheer infinite bugfixing). Yes, some loss of visibility area is the price to pay to be able to play without pain. We have little options on that one.

Making only one UI design optimized for the common resolution 1920x1080 with all readable text sizes +50 % would still not make playing your game on a TV possible (nice comfort feature or for consoles/tablets) but readable for people with bad eyesight (essential feature). Everyone with higher resolution screens can double a smaller resolution as they have enough pixels to make a decent looking output scaling.

That just doesn't work with 1920x1080 good enough as the half is 960x520 which is quite :-( or you get a really blurry pasta 

Edited by mesh