V3.01 - Rescue mission "reward"

So, I just did the rescue mission to get the three "sergeants" and got three absolutely RUBBISH troops that I can't even sell for money.  This needs to be fixed!  

In the pic below, all three Sgts are the "reward"....

image.thumb.png.947aee1d8675bac836261c9bd06de292.png

20 hours ago, Emily_F said:

So, I just did the rescue mission to get the three "sergeants" and got three absolutely RUBBISH troops that I can't even sell for money.  This needs to be fixed!  

In the pic below, all three Sgts are the "reward"....

image.thumb.png.947aee1d8675bac836261c9bd06de292.png

Thanks for the bug report! Although the sergeants you got seems to be a really unfortunate case of bad luck! Only the starting stats are affected for soldiers with the changes in milestone 3 (due to the -5 on the maximum stat cap on, so an average of -2.5) I tested the soldier mission on my end and got these, which are kinda decent?

image.png.5fa6590b5e0731fa8cdcceebb5934bee.png

23 hours ago, Kouki said:

Thanks for the bug report! Although the sergeants you got seems to be a really unfortunate case of bad luck! Only the starting stats are affected for soldiers with the changes in milestone 3 (due to the -5 on the maximum stat cap on, so an average of -2.5) I tested the soldier mission on my end and got these, which are kinda decent?

image.png.5fa6590b5e0731fa8cdcceebb5934bee.png

Hmmm, that's weird cos that is MARKEDLY different.  Perhaps they should have fixed stats?  Because to even have the risk of having absolute TOILET troops as a reward for a mission is worse than just getting some naff loot. 

8 minutes ago, Emily_F said:

Hmmm, that's weird cos that is MARKEDLY different.  Perhaps they should have fixed stats?  Because to even have the risk of having absolute TOILET troops as a reward for a mission is worse than just getting some naff loot. 

Yeah I see what you mean, the lowered maximum stat has made it easier to roll soldiers with terrible stats. I'll bring this up with Chris and see what he thinks, thanks!

• Like 1

Yes, this isn't actually a bug - I think you just got unlucky with their stat rolls, and they do already have +3 in each stat due to combat experience because they are Sergeants.

But I can see the point that "reward" soldiers should probably be better than a random soldier you can recruit from the general pool, so I'll give them an extra+3 base to each stat as well.