Armor Bugs -- Lost Items & Misrepresented Armor

iamomnivore

I did check previous posts for the same issue and found several similar, but this is unique -- In that two of my Warden Armors were actually deleted, following a base defense that I survived, but lost two soldiers wearing Warden Armor.

I noticed this immediately following the base invasion. I couldn't find two of my Warden Armors (noting that two of my soldiers had died wearing these.) I went into the Unassigned panel to start unequipping items and upon completion of this process couldn't find the two sets of Warden Armor from my expired soldiers.

Ultimately, the full list of issues from this experience are thus:

A) Two Warden Armors initially deleted post base combat, and losing the two soldiers. If I lost these naturally and it's expected to lose armors when soldiers are lost (and you're able to reclaim corpses / equipment) then some tutorial information needs to be provided that armors will be destroyed if the soldier is killed.

B) Armory / Launch Mission is misrepresenting items and values as seen in the attached image. I cannot confirm if the values hold up in actual combat, with the inconsistent and conflicting values in UI. To note, this isn't my first attempted run, but it was my first base defense and I haven't seen anything even resembling this behavior until the base defense ... maybe connected?

C) I figured out that soldiers need to be Assigned to have some equipment removed, but this needs to be highlighted in some way OR BETTER YET, any equipment on an Unassigned soldier should just be globally available (to the stores / selling / soldiers, etc.) After figuring out that step, I moved the remaining three soldiers with Warden Armor on them into Assigned and removed the armors, only to watch them disappear. The first person I removed from did increment the Warden Armor count by 1. The next two did not. Then, after removing the last and adding the desired soldiers back, ALL REGAINED WARDEN ARMOR COUNT DISAPPEARED and reset to 0 available.

D) After going through A and B, I can confidently claim that I have constructed 8 Warden Armors and now have 5 Warden Armors and only lost 2 soldiers wearing Warden Armor (if their deaths did indeed destroy the armors.) A suit of armor is inexplicably lost somewhere? It's very possible after the base defense and subsequent bugged behavior, removing the Warden Armor from some soldiers just caused it to be "deleted" in a manner.

Additionally, I have troops wearing Warden Armor after the battle that weren't even wearing it ... I believe, from best guess at what I've witnessed that -- The troop deaths during the base assault caused some kind of shift in an array or a List<T>. It didn't affect everything, but seems to have dramatically affected troop armor assignments. No weapons or other equipment were affected, only armor.

Loving the game so far. Thanks for the help!

2023-12-18 08_15_42-Xenonauts 2_ArmorBug.png

Edited by iamomnivore

22 hours ago, iamomnivore said:

Okay, cool. That's good to know. I'm on Veteran, so it'd make sense that something like that might start kicking in. There are still some other concerning issues going on, here, but that does help.

Thanks. This is one of the things where we need to look at save games to figure out if there's actually a problem - it's possible there is, but people are usually just confused about how the loadouts work (with unassigned soldiers only having "planned" loadouts and not actually claiming items until assigned to the dropship)

Do you still have a save from the last turn of the tactical mission?

On 12/19/2023 at 5:42 PM, Chris said:

people are usually just confused

Regarding lost equipment : Mission briefing AND after_combat_summary  screens should add following sentence :

In case we win, we control battlefield. (we can pickup all items and bodies left on ground. Our support team handle that.)

In case we win, we will not control battlefield. (all items on ground are lost. Soldier body left behind have no chance to revive and he will have no proper burial. Various raid/snatch missions, where player goes in do the task and fly away.)

All this, makes clear if player need to pickup items or not.  It is another method how to make missions different !

Make clear if player need to take care weight management when leaving missions. Also let pickup body then strip armour in inventory, so player could decide damage control. Retrieve fallen soldier, or his armour or both.

Also add : in the Cemetery screen, those soldiers who are properly buried has nice tombstone, but those who were left behind are just listed by name but  without picture, as they are forgotten.

Edited by gG-Unknown