[experimental 2.11 strategy] 'auto-fill dropship' button doesn't work

Skitso

When in 'launch aircraft' screen, auto-fill dropship button doesn't work. Going back to armory and it works normally.

I also have all the soldier portraits invisible in the save.

Save attached. Just click the mission, go to launch aircraft screen and try to click auto-fill button.

user_day_16_manual_save-2.json

Edited by Skitso

4 hours ago, Skitso said:

When in 'launch aircraft' screen, auto-fill dropship button doesn't work. Going back to armory and it works normally.

I also have all the soldier portraits invisible in the save.

Save attached. Just click the mission, go to launch aircraft screen and try to click auto-fill button.

user_day_16_manual_save-2.json 296.45 kB · 0 downloads

In this case that's deliberate - you're trying to go on a mission where you're meant to bring three less soldiers than maximum, so you've got space to bring back the guys you're rescuing. But yeah, there should be some indication that the slots are reserved in the UI.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

In this case that's deliberate - you're trying to go on a mission where you're meant to bring three less soldiers than maximum, so you've got space to bring back the guys you're rescuing. But yeah, there should be some indication that the slots are reserved in the UI.

Ah, thats it of course. *face palm*

What about the other issue? Seems quite random, but somehow I end up having invisible portaits quite often and reloading a save doesn't fix it. 

12 hours ago, Skitso said:

Ah, thats it of course. *face palm*

What about the other issue? Seems quite random, but somehow I end up having invisible portaits quite often and reloading a save doesn't fix it. 

I tried loading from your save and it seems like I'm not getting the invisible portraits, is this in the Armory/Soldier tab?

47 minutes ago, Kouki said:

I tried loading from your save and it seems like I'm not getting the invisible portraits, is this in the Armory/Soldier tab?

At least armory. Can't remember if it was soldier screen too. It's been a recurring issue for ages and I get it time to time, but haven't been able to point my firger at what causes it.. Could be the costant alt-tabbing XD

On 11/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Skitso said:

At least armory. Can't remember if it was soldier screen too. It's been a recurring issue for ages and I get it time to time, but haven't been able to point my firger at what causes it.. Could be the costant alt-tabbing XD

I've seen it once or twice myself, but I also have no idea what's causing it - but it might well be alt+tabbing. It doesn't tend to happen when I'm playing "normally", only when I'm testing stuff.