V133b - Geoscape - Game crashes repeatedly

lobf

Hi there- 

I'm playing Xenonauts 2 on my Mac through Whisky. It's probably not officially supported, but I figured I may as well send you the crash data I'm getting in case it helps you guys anyways. 

I can't seem to copy crash.dmp, but I can give you the other 2 files through hastebin:

error.log

output_log.txt

I was able to play a tactical battle or two. I had crashes, but a restart of the computer generally bypassed them. This particular save doesn't want to continue even after a restart though. It'll play for maybe 30 seconds and then crash. 

Hopefully this helps! I very much enjoy the game and would like to continue playing on my Mac! 

Thanks for telling us about it, we can take a look into it but cannot really promise a quick solution/patch. I'm not familiar with running games through a wine wrapper on a Mac, but if you're able to provide the output.log (which is different from output_log.txt which is the error logs spat out by the Unity Engine) we can take a look and see if the crashes are caused by the game and something we can work on, or if it's caused by something else!

On 11/19/2023 at 1:21 AM, lobf said:

Hi there- 

I'm playing Xenonauts 2 on my Mac through Whisky. It's probably not officially supported, but I figured I may as well send you the crash data I'm getting in case it helps you guys anyways. 

I can't seem to copy crash.dmp, but I can give you the other 2 files through hastebin:

error.log

output_log.txt

I was able to play a tactical battle or two. I had crashes, but a restart of the computer generally bypassed them. This particular save doesn't want to continue even after a restart though. It'll play for maybe 30 seconds and then crash. 

Hopefully this helps! I very much enjoy the game and would like to continue playing on my Mac! 

Thanks. As Kouki says, we'll need logs to see what might be causing the crash - so if you could switch onto our Experimental branches then you can access a build that creates logs. Maybe then we can figure out what the issue is (although Mac isn't officially supported so I can't promise we can do anything to help).

The post explaining how to find the logs is attached below. If you need help switching to Experimental then just let us know!

Hey there, sorry for the delay- I honestly didn't expect a response at all! 

If you could please give me more information about providing the proper logs, I would love to do so. 

I'd also appreciate assistance about switching to experimental- GOG Galaxy doesn't want to run through Whisky, so ideally an executable I could download would be great, but please let me know what options I have. 

Thanks so much for following up, I will keep closer tabs on this thread! 

2 hours ago, lobf said:

Hey there, sorry for the delay- I honestly didn't expect a response at all! 

If you could please give me more information about providing the proper logs, I would love to do so. 

I'd also appreciate assistance about switching to experimental- GOG Galaxy doesn't want to run through Whisky, so ideally an executable I could download would be great, but please let me know what options I have. 

Thanks so much for following up, I will keep closer tabs on this thread! 

Good to hear from you lobf! You can follow the guide I'll be linking below which details how to switch to the Experimental Branch of the game. The output.log file we need is usually located in My Games/Documents/Xenonauts/Logs for Windows installations, however I don't know where a wrapped MAC installation would output such a file. Although it should be on the same directory where the Save folder is located. You can also right click on the wineskin wrapper, select Show Package Contents and see if that leads you to where it is perhaps?