capturing Mentarch provides an autopsy report

Raffik

During my latest playthrough I managed to capture a Mentarch  in the first alien crash site. Upon ending the mission, I got the research to interrogate the mentarch, but also got the Mentarch autopsy report even though there were no dead mentarchs.

I assume the autopsy report is meant to inform about the lifeform, but it seems unlogical to have an autopsy report popping out before the interrogation research even started.

12 hours ago, Kouki said:

Thanks for reporting the bug! If you have the save, can you upload it here so I can take a look at it. If you don't it's alright, I can manually try to reproduce the bug on my end, thanks!

auto_groundcombat_turn_14_end-88.json

Hi Kouki,

I attached the autosave from the tac mission. Just hit the end turn, the Mentarch will fall unconcious during the AI turn. Upon loading the Geoscape the debrief message shows 1 captured mentarch, after the dropship reached the base, the mentarch autopsy reports pops out + the mentarch interrogation research becomes available.

Edited by Raffik

Thanks for providing the save! Yeah that's indeed a bug, we'll get it patched out!

EDIT: Talked to Chris about this and apparently the trigger is intentional and is meant so that the player is not punished for rendering the Mentarch unconscious instead of killing it.

4 hours ago, Kouki said:

Thanks for providing the save! Yeah that's indeed a bug, we'll get it patched out!

EDIT: Talked to Chris about this and apparently the trigger is intentional and is meant so that the player is not punished for rendering the Mentarch unconscious instead of killing it.

Would probably make more sense if the autopsy report is displayed after interrogation at least?

Edited by Skitso
  • Like 1