Xenonauts - Community Modding Tools

Chris

On 10/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, Grobobobo said:

Currently it's just basic JSON editing. You can only edit stats of stuff, and some very very basic AI profile tweaks, but I haven't figured out how to add new items yet.

Cause i don't know how to add images, i re-use them. 

I made a Sebillian sword use able by humans. Extra ammo for HEVY and an improved HEVY. New Mars unit, made new research trees and engineering trees, Added new modules, allowed blocked buildings to be build. Never touched AI cause i will screw them up

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2023 at 6:38 PM, Alienkiller said:

We get Milestone 1 and 2 this year with a lot of Updates.

Milestone 3 is in WIP, but not ready for Beta-Testing / Prototype-Testing yet. We get informed when it’s ready for it.

The Milestone 2-Version you can play fully normal until you get to the Hardlimiter (Days or Similar).

I was specifically referring to the modding tools, not the game in general. 

• Like 1

Modding-Tools will come, when the Game is ready for it. When it will be, the Devs and the Publisher don´t know about to much important other Things which have to finished first.

The Game isn´t stable for Modding-Tools yet, what the Devs have explained several Times and the Testers can agree to 100%.

The Modders don´t wanna have it like the Modders for Terra Invicta, which have to beginn from 0 on ervytime, when an big Refit-Work, Upgrade or whatever comes out. So it´s better to be patient and wait until the Publisher together with the Devs say you can beginn Modding.

Edited by Alienkiller

UK version is quite stable even after enabling the deprecated tech, buildings and such. 

The only reason why the game would crash, is when i made a mistake somewhere. 

That's why mod the game at updates that i think it's worthy to spend the time on. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can create an seperate Post here for Modders, but from the normal Community and the Devs there isn´t something about that Theme yet.

Like said, you can do it on your own risk, when the Devs / Publisher give an first Go for Mods. But then don´t cry when you have to start from 0,00 on again after big Updates, Refits etc.

5 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

You can create an seperate Post here for Modders, but from the normal Community and the Devs there isn´t something about that Theme yet.

Like said, you can do it on your own risk, when the Devs / Publisher give an first Go for Mods. But then don´t cry when you have to start from 0,00 on again after big Updates, Refits etc.

I agree with a separate post on the forum. So modders can help each other with tips and tricks. 

• 2 months later...

I know it's probably a bit late, but could it be possible to sidestep the Unity asset packaging by adding a bunch of "empty" assets to the game's shipping version, which are then selectively replaced and associated with given modded content? For example: assets1.pak now includes "empty1" through "empty255". The mod manager "hijacks" the asset loading pipeline by injecting the actual modded assets in place of the empties at runtime, associating them with the correct files (.json i assume?) for the new weapons/items. I'm a total compsci beginner, and i know this "solution" is probably MEGA scuffed, but i'd love to get the ball rolling on my own modding project.

• 1 month later...