Stalker Armor on Female Soldiers

I'm pretty happy with the armor sprites in general, however it feels rather weird putting the stalker armor on the female soldiers? With the other armor sets, the amount of body armor and general tactical gear made sense with how it hides the body's form, and how you wouldn't really see the difference in body type, which is something I appreciate. However with how much the stalker armor appears to be hugging the body it looks a bit off on the female soldiers. I'm not saying it has to be skintight latex fetish suit, it should have their curves be more pronounced compared to the other armor types. It's even more egregious since the actual 3D model reflects this.

Actually, comparing the armor sprites more, it feels like the stalker armor has different leg proportions than the other sprites? They're longer whereas the other sprites look shorter with how low the crotch/waistline apparently is. It kinda increases how off it feels. The jetpack's leg straps also don't line up with the stalker's legs too.

Ultimately a minor thing that shouldn't be a priority, but definitely raised my eyebrows a bit when I saw it.

Edited by skaianDestiny
  • Like 1

I've raised the same topic some time ago, glad someone else noticed as well and has the same opinion :)

However, lets hope, that the current soldiers appearance is just a placeholder and will be looked at in the future patches. And if not, I believe there was a mod in X1 (I believe made by Skitso if I'm not mistaken), which made changes in the female soldiers appearence, so if not done by devs, perhaps there will be a mod for it. In my opinion, it should be corrected before the full game is out.

Let's see what the tide brings ;)

2 hours ago, momerathe said:

Honestly I think the Stalker armour looks weird in general - like your guys are going out to fight in their pajamas. 

Yeah especially compared to how tactical the other armor designs look. You can still have the idea of more skin hugging stealth armor design without losing that, like the Chinese stealth armor from Fallout:

2kNpx7X.png

I mean, apart from the fact I agree that the stealth armour looks like a Wish version of Deadpool's costume and totally breaks the look of the game, and is as useless as the HEVY launcher, in my experience the women in the military who would be anywhere near an infantry unit are masc lesbians who do not have curves. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:33 PM, Emily_F said:

and is as useless as the HEVY launcher,

Stalker armour and HEVY launcher are not useless, they just need a buff in my opinion.

Stalker bigger effect against shots and perhaps also a bonus to be less detectable.

The launcher could use an arc and some mode ammo types (for direct fire flechette/buckshot, for an arc stun gas etc)