[V1.30] Ground Combat - Blowing up things that blow up things causing huge lag

thixotrop

And again in my first terror misison at night.
Wanted to get rid of the fuel station which was blocking my shooting sight to alien targets, and decided to blow it up.
My MARS fired its thing and then the game lags for good 2 minutes.
As I thought that might be due to the successive explosions I waited. Next screen, everything is gone, including the one alien on the top edge of the screen. Some rubble, fires and smoke remain.

Would have loved to see the explosions. Hope that will be fixed in the final game version.

hugelag1.thumb.jpg.074efa3e1729c25ff100d157406e54d9.jpg hugelag2.thumb.jpg.d2a41e834acfeac18dc59044bfedb9d4.jpg

On 8/12/2023 at 10:10 PM, thixotrop said:

And again in my first terror misison at night.
Wanted to get rid of the fuel station which was blocking my shooting sight to alien targets, and decided to blow it up.
My MARS fired its thing and then the game lags for good 2 minutes.
As I thought that might be due to the successive explosions I waited. Next screen, everything is gone, including the one alien on the top edge of the screen. Some rubble, fires and smoke remain.

Would have loved to see the explosions. Hope that will be fixed in the final game version.

hugelag1.thumb.jpg.074efa3e1729c25ff100d157406e54d9.jpg hugelag2.thumb.jpg.d2a41e834acfeac18dc59044bfedb9d4.jpg

Thankfully this isn't an issue in the actual game. It's just all the Experimental build logging that goes a bit crazy when there's multiple explosions happening at once.

Why is it that some objects seam to explode so easily, with only a couple of bullets and the whole place goes UP, one could expect the gas station to explode after the petrol lines and pump hoes are broken or cut, for the fuel to ignite. if a spark come in contact with it, otherwise, it should just lay there and evaporate, witch is what actually explodes with ignition.

I know that it looks great, but it should not happen so frequently. It is somewhat reminiscent of old American movies of a certain genre!!!