Milestone 1.25 Released! (Experimental)

This is an update to Milestone 1.24 that we released yesterday on our Experimental branch. This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

This update fixes a couple of issues our 1.24 changes had introduced, and also contains some additional crash fixes. If this build proves stable we'll likely push it out to the main branch tomorrow!

Changelog:

• Added support for command line override of the default save path:    -gameSaveFolder="<PATH>"
  • Fixed various issues that were causing hangs / softlocks during the tutorial.
  • Fixed a crash when loading a save game that contained a MARS.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when holding Shift or Ctrl when triggering a C4 detonator, as well as various other crashes related to using similar items with one or both of those keys held.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if achievements were mis-set on Steam or GOG.
  • Fixed a couple of Kickstarter backers with invalid portraits who could crash the game if sent into tactical combat.

15 hours ago, Chris said:

This is an update to Milestone 1.24 that we released yesterday on our Experimental branch. This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

This update fixes a couple of issues our 1.24 changes had introduced, and also contains some additional crash fixes. If this build proves stable we'll likely push it out to the main branch tomorrow!

Changelog:

• Added support for command line override of the default save path:    -gameSaveFolder="<PATH>"
  • Fixed various issues that were causing hangs / softlocks during the tutorial.
  • Fixed a crash when loading a save game that contained a MARS.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when holding Shift or Ctrl when triggering a C4 detonator, as well as various other crashes related to using similar items with one or both of those keys held.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if achievements were mis-set on Steam or GOG.
  • Fixed a couple of Kickstarter backers with invalid portraits who could crash the game if sent into tactical combat.

Absolutely fantastic! Then I'll start a new play cycle! The game is a lot of fun! Thank you very much! I keep discovering more and more tactics and keep trying new ones! =)))))))))))

All the best and thank you for this game! =))))))))))

It has already been absolutely worth it for me! 

Has this update also been pushed to the stable branch now?

Just started up the game after an update and my version number is 1.25, my settings have been restored to default and my saves seem to have disapeared. I'm not on the beta branch on steam.

Good afternoon, just updated in steam to the official 1.25, all records have disappeared. The version of the game is Russian, Windows Russian, as I understand it, because of the Cyrillic alphabet, the old records are now inaccessible. You can somehow manually fix them in the new version of the game 1.25. It's a pity to lose the progress of 5 days and 49 hours played on the veteran

20230723150733_1.thumb.jpg.2dfdb9905c2299742269c428cfc250fa.jpg

Edited by AND_GREAT

If you have lost your saves and are on the steam launcher you can get them back by going onto the "Legacy" branch of the releases, though this does seem to require redownloading the game.

The process is similar to getting on the experimental branch:

1. In steam right click on Xenonauts 2

2. Click Properties

3. Go to the "Betas" tab on the left side of the properties screen that opens up

4. On the Beta Participation drop down list select "Legacy - Contains the last Stable build"

Once you exit the properties menu the game should now have the update button avaliable, as I say this redownloads the 2+ GB of game so have the space and a decent internet connection to hand, but once you go back into the game your save files should be avaliable. Good luck, commanders!

It seems that 1.25 has the wrong save location.

Go to My Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2 and copy the Saves folder from there (which has all your saves) to My Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2-Editor, which is a folder the appears in 1.25. Then I imagine the saves will be visible - this will probably be fixed soon in the builds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Solver said:

Go to My Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2 and copy the Saves folder from there (which has all your saves) to My Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2-Editor, which is a folder the appears in 1.25. Then I imagine the saves will be visible - this will probably be fixed soon in the builds.

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, Solver said:

Another patch and we are back to 1.23B.  Is this a more stable version?

22 hours ago, CompoTheSmoggie said:

@Chris

Has this new version release, milestone 1.25 in experimental mode, got the 180 days cut-off point in it still?

Yeah, there won't be any increases in the playable time until we release Milestone 2.

It's only been a week since we launched :)

• Chris changed the title to Milestone 1.25 Released! (Experimental)