[27.3] Alien Leader inside backpack BUG

Same file it happend actually out of random. I had in this soldier backpack Alien Leader from Cleaner Cell - Soldier behind him from 61 to 62 turn did reaction fire and instead of hitting soldier named Cpl. Kasper Larsen it hit alien inside backpack. At first no body was visible when that happend, when i refreshed the save, body appeared outside soldier backpack.

image.thumb.png.b36e7cc04b40ecb3b37dd83170848805.png

image.thumb.png.761c77704648bdcf0a294b0f420f7a9f.png

user_cleaner_cell_61_turns_instant_100_percent_base_unlock_game_crash-14.json user_alien_leader_after_got_kill_by_reaction_fire_inside_backpack-15.json

12 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

Same file it happend actually out of random. I had in this soldier backpack Alien Leader from Cleaner Cell - Soldier behind him from 61 to 62 turn did reaction fire and instead of hitting soldier named Cpl. Kasper Larsen it hit alien inside backpack. At first no body was visible when that happend, when i refreshed the save, body appeared outside soldier backpack.

image.thumb.png.b36e7cc04b40ecb3b37dd83170848805.png

image.thumb.png.761c77704648bdcf0a294b0f420f7a9f.png

user_cleaner_cell_61_turns_instant_100_percent_base_unlock_game_crash-14.json 1.82 MB · 0 downloads user_alien_leader_after_got_kill_by_reaction_fire_inside_backpack-15.json 1.84 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. That's a really weird bug. Do you still have the save from the end of the turn before? It'd be great to be able to reproduce it.

@ChrisI sended you 2 files already, all you need to do is place soldiers like you were looking on DIAL phone number.

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

The important thing about this setup is that soldiers from position 7 8 9 hit number 1 or 2 or 3(depends who carry alien leader) on reaction fire. The funny part it it's like when I think about it it's like, when you carry unconscious alien it's like secondary type of armor. You should also check if soldier carry unconscious alien = the soldier gonna take damage or the alien inside backpack.

Edited by CaptainSPrice

1 hour ago, CaptainSPrice said:

@ChrisI sended you 2 files already, all you need to do is place soldiers like you were looking on DIAL phone number.

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

The important thing about this setup is that soldiers from position 7 8 9 hit number 1 or 2 or 3(depends who carry alien leader) on reaction fire. The funny part it it's like when I think about it it's like, when you carry unconscious alien it's like secondary type of armor. You should also check if soldier carry unconscious alien = the soldier gonna take damage or the alien inside backpack.

Yeah, but if you load a save game then the game will always play out exactly the same way each time. So if you send me the save from the turn before it happens, every time I load it the shot will always hit the alien and kill them.

I've tried reproducing it based on your description and I can't (probably because there's only a small chance of it happening). For me the shots always just kill the soldier.

I had an Cleaner-Agent in my Backback and there the Aliens didn´t shoot at the Comrade in the Backback. They tried to stop the Xenonaut-Soldier transporting the stunned Cleaner-Agent.

The same seem to be happen here. The shoot seems to come from the Rear of the Xenonaut-Soldier, which hits the Backback and killes the stunned Cleaner-Cell-Leader instead. That´s the only logical explenation.