V26 - Sound issue with Ares

Emily_F

On 2/18/2023 at 1:37 PM, Emily_F said:

when I moved the Ares in this save, the sound effect wouldn't stop after it finished moving.  This has happened a few times, and will continue after the mission finishes.

output.log 961.13 kB · 0 downloads auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-94.json 3.48 MB · 0 downloads

I'd love a reproducible case of this, because it's a bug that's been in the game for ages and I've experienced myself but never been able to reproduce it.

Perhaps the logs will help understand what might have happened though, so thanks for providing those.

In previous versions I have been able to reproduce it somewhat consistently, but I don't remember how exactly. I think it had something to do with moving the ARES a long distance and either alt-tabbing or moving another unit at the same time.

Edit: the saves/logs here might help?

Edited by asdfcyber

On 2/22/2023 at 4:31 PM, asdfcyber said:

In previous versions I have been able to reproduce it somewhat consistently, but I don't remember how exactly. I think it had something to do with moving the ARES a long distance and either alt-tabbing or moving another unit at the same time.

Edit: the saves/logs here might help?

Thanks, I've tried both those things now but I still can't seem to repro it. If you have better luck then let me know.

If you or anyone do see it happen again, we've added more logging in 26.2 so if it happens again grab a save and the output logs and post them up. Hopefully that'll get us a step closer to fixing it.