Soldier dossiers, including KIA/MIA

Accessible from the Geoscape, a list of all soldiers you've had in your current game; along with their status (Active, KIA, MIA, Retired); their picture, rank, medals (if any); as well as either a simple mission/kill count, or even better: A detailed list of missions with semi-detailed stats for each mission; example in spoiler.

- Sgt. Lenny Leonard

- Hired: September 3rd, 1979

- Status: KIA, October 5th, 1979 (Friendly Fire (Pvt. Carl Carlson))

- Medals: Scarlet Heart, Scarlet Heart (posthumous)

- Missions:

- Downed UFO 4

-- September 15th, 1979

- Ballistic Rifle; 9 shots fired, 3 hits (33 % acc.)

- 1 Kill

- Promotion: Corporal

- Downed UFO 6

-- September 18th, 1979

- Ballistic Rifle, 4 shots fired, 2 hits (50 % acc.)

- 1 Kill, 1 Assist

- Gravely wounded

- Promotion: Sergeant

- Downed UFO 15

-- October 1st, 1979

- KIA

Related is a similarly laid out list of all previous Xenonaut missions.

Edited by Williham

In the interests of separating this idea from XCOM:EU, I suggest that we call this an "Honour(Honor) roll". Perhaps accessible in game; but certainly rolled like credits at the end of a campaign (win or loss). It adds a human aspect to the game, and is a reminder of all those lost on the road to victory, or defeat. Hell the idea makes me want to replay the game to avenge my fallen comrades, DIE ALIEN SCUM!

This isn't really a memorial wall, tho'; more a record of operations.

Potato, potahtoe.... So it's Fish and Chips instead of French Fries. The devs already said "no" to fries; you expect to circumvent it by asking for fish&chips?

Frankly, even disregarding silly kickstarter tiers (Why silly? Well, Obsidian tied them to how expensive a feature is to implement, here that's not the case), it's Xmas decorations and should be in the second hundred of features on the priority list.

Edited by HWP

t's Xmas decorations and should be in the second hundred of features on the priority list.

I respectfully disagree. This is an invaluable tool for RPers and LPers; just because it might not seem relevant to your particular playstyle doesn't mean it's just decoration.

I respectfully disagree. This is an invaluable tool for RPers and LPers; just because it might not seem relevant to your particular playstyle doesn't mean it's just decoration.

Back in the good old days when computers were big and their memory small, there were games - a lot of games - that you needed either a great memory or a journal to play.

Anyone play Star Control 2? I still have my journal, though it's for the open-source UQM remake. Lists of star systems that I've mined out, planets to return to, important locations, bits of information. You needed that just for the gameplay.

Oh, the times, oh, the players these days...

:cool: Never mind, I'm just kidding.

Back in the good old days when computers were big and their memory small, there were games - a lot of games - that you needed either a great memory or a journal to play.

Anyone play Star Control 2? I still have my journal, though it's for the open-source UQM remake. Lists of star systems that I've mined out, planets to return to, important locations, bits of information. You needed that just for the gameplay.

Oh, the times, oh, the players these days...

:cool: Never mind, I'm just kidding.

Oh, indeed, those were the times and all that.

But now computers are small and memory big, and that's by far the best thing about modern remakes of classic games: You can do things that just weren't possible at the time, like Transport Tycoon maps 16 thousand tiles to a side (this may be a slight exaggeration of OpenTTD's capabilities. ;)), or built-in, automatic journals for games that benefit from them. :)

We'll see. Maybe in beta, it's not a priority until we start polishing the game.

Cool! That's a lot more uplifting than what all these naysayers are bringing. :D

I say nay to being called a naysayer! ... ah...

While it's good that it may pop up if time/resource allow, I'd rather we didn't call it the honor roll. That just makes me hungry.

Never mind journal for sweeping, big games. I still have scans form my very first X-Com game, where I jotted down the bases. Why? "hell if I know" as a certain commissar would say.