[V8.2 Base View] Missing items ?

Upgraded to v8.2 and have the following problems in the Base Screens:-

1)No equipment shown in the stores menu for purchase or use.

2) Nothing shown in the research menu to research ( Steve mentioned that v8.2 contains a basic research tree with

basic researchable armour and weapons ) . All my research is "greyed out"

3) Nothing shown in the Manufacture menu to manufacture.

4) Base name shown as "xxxxx Base Base".

Does anyone else have these problems or is my game corrupt even though i have verified the files as intact through Desura.

Is it possible to un-install the game and then re-install through one's Desura account without jeopardising the pre-order status ?

DavidR

All starting equipment is available in unlimited amounts so won't appear in the stores, and you've actually got to capture some alien artefacts in a mission before you can research and build anything.

Perhaps I should include some starting research projects so that people don't get confused by this.

Does anyone else have these problems or is my game corrupt even though i have verified the files as intact through Desura.

Is it possible to un-install the game and then re-install through one's Desura account without jeopardising the pre-order status ?

DavidR

I uninstalled it and reinstalled just fine (kept telling me it was updating, when there was no update) Just make sure to ONLY remove it from computer and NOT from Desura and it should work just fine :)

Hope it helps.

@Davijdruss: All those are normal. As Chris said, starting equipment is free and unlimited, need to capture something to research, need to research a manufacture-able item to manufacture anything, and the "XXXX Base Base" is an old bug due to the game adding 'Base' to the end of base names.

@Chris: Maybe some kind of 'Alien Overview" topic? Adds some kind of basic lore thing to the research (just stuff about what kind of tech they're using, general UFO capabilities, etc)