trouble with the game

Mathalor

I can get to the point where the 2nd type of ship shows up, the small scout I think it's called. They kill my interceptors and I can't seem to beat them. I understand I need a power core from one of them, or a ship that comes later? Any advice?

I've tried tailing with 2 interceptors at once, but when I hit the engage button, I only get one craft.

Also, does anyone know how to map something to the quick buttons? The ones that are usually loaded with flares and clips.

Edited by Mathalor

While on the intercept screen, click on the number of aircraft you want to form a squadron (max of three). As you click each aircraft, it should highlight. When you've clicked on the number of aircraft you want to form, then click on intercept. All the aircraft should automatically form a squadron.

The scout aircraft is hard to catch with F-17s (but not impossible). MiGs can catch up with them much more easily.

So, once the small scouts arrive, how exactly do I survive? I can send the 1 or 2 migs I've made and hope they don't get blown up, or I can send f17s which are too slow and do not kill anything. And I usually see 4 UFOs at a time. This is very frustrating. Oh and then a terror site popped up outside my Chinook range and killed my funding.

And does anyone know how to change your grenade/clip keys in ground combat?

Edited by Mathalor

MiGs shouldn't get blown up at all verses scouts. Scouts don't have missiles and can't dodge so a MiG outranges it with either Sidewinders or Avalanches. If you want to take it out at super-long range, equip all slots on a MiG with Avalanches, slow the MiG to a crawl and fire away when the missiles lock-on.

You should be able to right-click on the grenade quickuse box, which will then overlay all the grenade types the squaddie you have selected on the box where your primary weapon goes.