[V 8.2 Geoscape] Buttons not working

After i load a game, the buttons for base/research/etc. (those above the create base button) stop to work (i have to click on the base icon on the geoscape to enter base building, research and those other menues)

The create base and intercept button works normally.

But when i click the create base button (and after it i canceled it) they start functioning normally (and for some added strangeness the buttons start to work for all saves - if i load another saved game from the geoscape they work even without canceling the placement of a new base (i tried the other saves before and they weren't functional)), but when i exit the whole game (back to windows) and reopen it and load a save those buttons are unfunctional again - so there might be some bigger bug when loading multiple saves 1 after another without exiting the game (for additional proves that something is wrong there see http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?337-v8.2-Geoscape-Loading-a-game-with-a-crashed-UFO-has-a-ghost-airborne-UFO)