Do we want v15 to be released next week (probably Wednesday?)

Max_Caine

Do we want v15 released next week?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want v15 released next week?

• Yes
    • No

Sure, I would like to poke at a new build sooner, but I voted "No." For one thing, I don't want them to rush and half-finish a component or feature that they're not planning to "finish" until v16 since that potentially means 2 rounds of bug-squishing when there otherwise would've been 1. Granted, I don't really see any overlaps in Chris's post since he wasn't very specific in his plans for v16, but still. For another, I don't want to pressure them needlessly in his run-up to his vacation. Lastly, I just don't personally see much point in playing further until the AI is in.

Now, if it would actually be useful to have us banging on a v15 and scaring bugs out into the open while he's off playing a real-life version of Pitfall! and swimming with the fishes...well, then I'm all for it.

Considering the bug fixes and modification/new content likely to make in into the cut-down V15 on Chris's list, I'd like to see a release before the holiday session, as smaller builds are easier to test and write bug reports for.

The bigger the changelog the more time spent wondering what has affected what and with beta coming up, being able to have more focused testing is probably a good thing.

BUT, like I said in the main thread, whatever is easiest for Chris and Co as I don't want to make more work for them.

Well, the offer is on the table for a cut-down version of v15 before Chris goes on holiday, if we want it. The alternative is after Chris comes back from holiday, and after he and the other physical member of Goldhawk get installed at their new office to have whatever work has been done up to that point as v15. He gives a list of possible features that the cut-down version may have (it's quite a lot), as well as a list of bugfixes.

I'd like to see the V15 before he leaves, but I'm not going to be upset if it's not possible.

I think smaller releases might be easier to find/fix bugs. Fewer changes, would generally mean more localized code changes. Thus possibly easier to replicate, and less likely for a major one to creep in.

But that's just my few cents.