aircraft refuel/repair order

i think ive written about this before(a while back) but playing v14 it is anoying when the aliens fire and hit your aircraft 1 time and unless its a short trip(unlikely) it prevents you from using your slightly used aircraft till it is repaired 100%

the reason for this is not that the plane cant fight or fly its becouse the ground crews wont refuel a damaged plane

i can see how any aircraft under a certain % of damage can not be tasked another mission till its repaired enough but i have even near begining of the game had the situation where i cant use a plane due to this issue

its all about the timing. here is my example,

3 aircraft vs light scout= scout runs

2 aircraft vs light scout= scout fights

what happens is only using 2 fighters = 1 fighter gets hit once causing an additional 2-4 hours(game time) untill the base will refuel the plane allowing the multipul ufos to escape becouse whil the plane can fly and fight at 95% of health its fuel lvl will stay at 0 untill the fighter is repaired 100%

i think the order for the base should be

rearm

refuel

repair

allowing us to decide weather or not to risk a damaged fighter surviving its next encounter

(*i think the current flyable cutoff is 50% damage-which is fine)

Would you repair an (heavy) damaged aircraft fully loaded with fuel AND rockets? Or would you rather first repair it, then refuel and rearm it? I think I'd choose this second option :)
Well, you certainly couldn't refuel a plane before repairing any fuel tank damage unless you like flooding your hanger with jet fuel. :P Also, a lot of repairs simply couldn't be done if the plane was armed and full of fuel.

Would you repair an (heavy) damaged aircraft fully loaded with fuel AND rockets? Or would you rather first repair it, then refuel and rearm it? I think I'd choose this second option :)

I'd scrap it for metal and build a new one. But since that would be too much trouble to do every time for this game I would rearm, refuel and then repair for the players convenience. ^^

Perhaps this order:

Repair to 50%

Refuel

Rearm

Repair to 100%

Full acc!

Screw realism at this point.

Xeno brings a huge improvement in this department compared to the original game, why not take that all the way through.

As the badass commander you should well be entitled to tell Mr jet pilot to climb in this wreck and to his goddamn duty protecting the innocent blah blah even if the chance that his dented tin can will bring him back alive is less than slim!

If you happen to be keen in realism there should be options where every plane to deactivate refuel rearm and repair that way you could fine tune the order in a tight spot.

As to refuel rearm or rearm refuel there are situations for either is preferable. But right now it seems rearming takes VERY little time so if it stays this way then of course rearm first then refuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Concentrating on getting the craft airworthy would be useful.

Once that is done though it needs to have fuel and ammunition loaded or there is no point launching it.

So repair first to 50% (or whatever ends up being the launch cutoff).

Then rearm, refuel and complete repairs at the same time.

With waves being planned for enemy craft it should mean you get to launch the craft more often, if you are willing to run the risk of sending out the already damaged ones.