I need to rename my starting base.

Mathalor

I need to be able to rename my starting base.

I tried to type in "Cairo." It came out "Cair." I must've hit return too early. I can't find out how to rename it.

I eventually made a new game, but afterwards I thought about it. I could've named all my soldiers "Bair," and seen how effective they would have been at staring the enemies down.

It occurs to me that the ability to rename your bases might be in the game but cleverly hidden. It took me a while to find it in the old game as well. If this is so, good job, it's hidden. Perhaps too well.

Edited by Mathalor

Well, if you're really gunnho on renaming it you could open the save file in WordPad or a some fancy editor and do a search for "Cair" then add an "O" to the end of the string and save the save file. Either it will wreck your save or it will work. If it wrecks just re-edit the name back to "Cair". Just remember not to change anything else in the file.

Well, no. Mostly I'm saying, "please add this feature." But knowing the wordpad option might be there is nice.. if it works. I thought the care bear reference might be funny, though. (I really did try to name my base Cairo and leave off the o, though. Not making that up)

Edited by Mathalor

• 1 year later...